*Full time Traffic and Facilities Staff*
The Ambassador Bridge is seeking Full Time Traffic Ambassadors in a busy, high traffic environment. Traffic Ambassadors work to provide quality customer service by facilitating safe, clean and efficient traffic flow. This position receives paid uniform vouchers, shift premium and more!
Pay Rate: $26.75 per hour
At least one year of traffic experience
· Availability to work all days and shifts for a 24/7 operation and holidays as scheduled.
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must possess a valid enhanced driver’s license or regular driver’s license with passport or Nexus card (or ability to obtain passport or Nexus card within 90 days of employment start date)
· Ability to work in all weather conditions and varying climates of heat, cold, rain and snow
Essential Job Functions – Candidates must be able to perform these job functions, with reasonable accommodations if needed:
· Interacting with members of the public and with outside agencies such as customs and emergency responders
· Stand or walk for shifts up to 8 hours
· Self-motivated to work independently as well as part of a team
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
· Able to stand, walk, stoop and sit for varying times during shifts up to 8 hours long
· Ability to place, move, and operate traffic control and facility equipment such as cones, delineators, arrow boards, vehicles, snow blowers, lawn mowers, trimmers, , shovels, broom/mop, buckets, etc.
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
· Direct traffic into and/or out of lanes and adjust to any traffic disruptions.
· Set up and removal of traffic containments with necessary cones, barrels, signs, etc.
· General clean-up such as shoveling snow, salting walkways, picking up trash, pulling weeds, trimming/cutting grass as needed.
· Operate company vehicles for transportation around facility, movement of equipment and to respond to traffic flow interruptions.
· Ability to walk up to 5 kms outside with reasonable accommodations if needed.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
· Ability to be bonded
· Successful completion of a background check
· Verification of references
· Satisfactory driving record
· Ability to obtain security reliability clearance
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: From $26.75 per hour
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor, ON N9C 2K2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Traffic Attendant: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person