Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Lachine, QC facility and offers benefits from Day1.
Eaton located in Lachine, QC has an opening for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler – 1st Shift.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor this position interprets the Manufacturing Information documents in order to determine parts needed, create parts using prescribed and non-prescribed standards, mechanically assemble (position, align and adjust parts for proper fit), modify (following assembly requirements) complex components, sub-assemblies and assemblies for the Lachine, Quebec, Satellite product lines.
In this function you will:
- Review and interpret drawings.
- Check parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
- Install steel components and modify as necessary.
- Install bus bar per CSA specs and standards for clearances, bracing and ampacity requirements.
- Inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts.
- Clean unit and prepare for test.
- Perform in-process inspections as required.
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal materials replenishment system.
- Working with Site Managers, develop, schedule and plan capacity to ensure production plan is strongly supported.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Work to CSA and UL code and company quality requirements.
- Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, safety and environmental stewardship to ensure alignment with Eaton values.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma secondary from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to speak French and read English.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 40Km of Lachine will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 6 months mechanical assembly experience.
- Reading, comprehension and mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective communication / interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates continuous learning through cross training, learning new skills, refreshing prior skills.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to perform standard work procedures and processes.
- Experience in the assembly or repair of product preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of utilizing mechanical tools and measuring equipment required for assembly.