Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Vancouver office is looking for a Senior Manager to join the Domestic Tax team and own the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate client business processes and policies, advise on tax policy and changes to meet market needs, and develop proactive tax strategies to make business opportunities effective
Apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify, and address tax issues relevant to the client
- 's business
- Provide both technical and project management leadership to team members for Domestic Tax projects or assignments, and ensure quality control standards are in place
- Identify, as well as develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business and tax opportunities. This includes preparing and reviewing tax reorganizations, and reviewing corporate, trust and estate tax returns
- Build positive working relationships with clients and provide effective support for engagements
- Engage in training staff and invest in the professional development of your team
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
You understand your clients
- ' industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
You have completed your CPA designation as well as the In-Depth Tax Program and/or Master
- 's in Tax
You have 7 years
- ' experience in public accounting with a specialization in Tax for a minimum of 3 years
- You have extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax planning and compliance
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .