Start Date : immediate
Pay: based on experience
work Hours : we are looking for somebody who can work 3 days in a week ( not weekends) from 8:30-5. Flexible on which week day
The Production Worker is responsible for maintaining crop production and operations, transplant preparation, harvest, and post-harvest handling using GAP practices. Assist in completing accurate crop production records and planting schedules. Follow Safety Guidelines and Safe Food Handling Guidelines.
Maintain tools, equipment, and facilities, keep all facilities clean, tidy, and organized. They will also be taught basic machine maintenance and shipping and receiving functions.
Education and Experience:
· Highschool diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture preferred.
· At least one year of farm experience, preferably on a diversified produce farm.
· Very strong ability to multi-task and balance projects at various stages simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Able to solve problems or overcome issues quickly and creatively.
· Passionate about eradicating hunger.
· Proven ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision.
· Ability to work positively with a team.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.
· Driving License and clean driving record
· Assist in maintaining crop production and operations which includes: transplant preparation; germination , growing, harvest and post-harvest handling using GAP practices.
· Use equipment correctly and safely; demonstrate proper cultivation and harvest techniques; guide and assist any other tasks that need to be worked on.
· Be encouraging, supportive and appreciative of all volunteers that come to the farm and share with them the values of supporting local and sustainable food systems in our community.
· Assist in completing accurate crop production records and planting schedules
· Work with farm staff to continually improve farm productivity.
· Follow Safety Guidelines and Safe Food Handling Guidelines.
· Maintain tools, equipment and facilities, keep farm and all facilities clean, tidy and organized.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- ABBOTSFORD, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have your own vehicle for easy and trusted commute?
Work Location: In person