Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to precision cut, mill, turn, bore, drill or grind metal and similar materials into parts or products. They study specifications and drawings, calculate dimensions and tolerances, and then measure, set up and manufacture their projects.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other specialized measuring instruments
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Complete and maintain inspection reports.
- An Inter-Provincial Red Seal in the trade of Machinist is required.
- Strong problem solving and computer skills;
- Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete job;
- Will be required to have obtain all CPKC certification pertaining to specific tasks and assignments;
- CPKC operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; must be able to work on various shifts and days off
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer funded Retirement plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies program
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Drivers License Check
- Education Verification
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101398
- Department: Mechanical Loco
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Country: Canada
% of Travel: 0-10%