This is a great opportunity to join our CGI team in Halifax providing leading IT services to our clients. We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager who has managed mid-large sized application management and development projects in a complex environment. The successful candidate will ideally have a strong delivery background in the Public Sector but is not mandatory.
In the role of Project Manager, you would be responsible for the successful delivery of them to budget, timeframes and customer satisfaction, enabling new and extension business. You will ensure resourcing is achieved and performance reviews are completed for people assigned to your projects as well as managing client relationship.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans
- Managing the time and effort of the project team
- Ensuring proper change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied
- Reporting accurate project financial and profitability figures
- Holding regular status meeting with team and clients and providing regular status reporting
- Playing a lead role in the development of business requirements documentation
- Prepare and present senior client executives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Experience working with provincial or municipal governments
- Five years or more as a Project Manager
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be goal oriented, results driven and client focused
- Strategic and operational business planning
- Governance and organizational design
- Change management and communications
- Undergraduate degree such as Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent
- Project Management training and certification (PMP)
- Certified Management Consulting (CMC)
- Change Management training and certification