August 8 is an all-you-can-eat restaurant company that is independently owned and operated . We offer innovative Japanese fare and classic Chinese dim sum selections to our guests. We strive to deliver exceptional dining experiences and dedicate ourselves to building long-lasting business relationships with our customers, employees, and the communities where we co-exist.
We are looking for energetic, dependable, and self-motivated individuals to join our team. Candidates with open availability and/or prior experience as servers will be given special consideration.
- Permanent Full-Time
- Permanent Part-Time
- Knowledge of food and beverage items
- Utilization of POS system to input orders
- Delivering food to tables, clearing empty dishes, cleaning cleaning and resetting tables
- Processing bills and taking payments
- Prioritize and perform different tasks in an efficient manner
- Think critically and problem-solve independently
- Have sense of urgency during busy lunch and dinner services
- Clear communication with guests regarding issues that may arise
- Possess a strong urge to provide great dining experiences for our guests
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in English
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Must have Smart Serve certification
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50lbs to waist level.
- Ability to carry items of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move items up to 30 lbs for distances of up to 25 feet.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Ability to frequently climb and descend flights of stairs as well as ladders.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to colleagues' and guests’ requests in a loud environment.
- Skill and co-ordination at using hands to write, pour, and carry several food/drinks at once, and carry several plates and bowls.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Can you commit to 25-44 hours per week?
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person