IVC Vita Health Products Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of quality natural health products and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals is seeking candidates for several full-time production worker opportunities in our manufacturing and packaging areas, located in the St. Boniface Industrial Park.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be able to complete an online pre-qualification exam in order to be eligible for interview and employment. Access to a home desktop or laptop computer is required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
· Machine Operator 1 - Evenings - 3pm-11pm
· Machine Operator 1 - Nights - 11pm-7am
Nature of the Position:
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager or Supervisor and within the policies, standards and procedures of Vita Health Products, this position will be responsible for the production of quality encapsulation (Capsule) and compression (Tablet) products in a timely fashion, according to SOP, Safety, GMP regulations and the method of manufacture.
· Perform a complete clean down of all encapsulation machines, tablet presses and associated parts/tooling sets.
· Perform interval testing of product during operation to ensure high quality standards are met and optimum product specification values are achieved as stated in the manufacturing job order.
· Use of the Labor Tracking computer system and programs for all Compression job orders and operations.
· Complete all documentation correctly, accurately and on time that is related to the Compression area operations and processing of an encapsulation or compression product.
· Operate and monitor the tablet presses and encapsulation machines within the manufacturing operating guidelines, applicable SOP’s, Safety practices and not to exceed any parameters or cause excessive stress that may lead to equipment damage or breakdown.
· Maintain your work station and the General Compression area for cleanliness and organization at all times.
· Maintain all service equipment and tools used in the Compression area in satisfactory condition, operate within the manufacturers’ guidelines and clean and store as required.
· Perform other tasks within the Compression dept. as required.
· Follow all Health and Safety, GMP and SOP policies to ensure the highest quality and standards for our products.
· Perform task assignments as instructed by the Manufacturing Manager or Supervisor.
Experience and Skills
· Grade 12 Education or equivalent.
· Post-secondary certificate in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing considered an asset.
· Experience operating encapsulation or compression machines preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with the Operating and Labor Tracking system.
· Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and capable of standing on your feet for a full 8.0 hr. shift.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Must successfully complete qualification process which includes a written and practical test.
· Mechanical aptitude and good mathematical skills.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage, evening and night-shift premiums and full benefits, we offer a truly rewarding work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected applicants will be contacted.
Night Shift premium of $1.05/hr.
Evening Shift premium $0.80/hr
In order to be considered for this role, please apply here https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/VIT5000VITH/JobBoard/c331edde-41fd-44ca-a09a-edc53cee1e4a/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d224428a-4366-42e5-ac71-8b926129b303
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $18.56 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your email address?
- Do you have reliable transportation to and from work? Buses do not run to our location for the night shift
- In order to be considered for this opening, apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/VIT5000VITH/JobBoard/c331edde-41fd-44ca-a09a-edc53cee1e4a/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d224428a-4366-42e5-ac71-8b926129b303
- manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
- machine operating: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person