Human Resources Assistant
CKF Inc., a leader in Canada’s pulp molding industry is a progressive company with a strong commitment to safety and Continuous Improvement. CKF Inc. is a National Company with plants located in British Columbia, Ontario, Nova Scotia and the states of Iowa and Texas, manufacturing numerous types of food packaging.
Our Hantsport, Nova Scotia location is looking to hire a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support to all areas of the Human Resources Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an amazing team where you will gain HR experience in a fast-paced work environment by supporting and improving HR functions. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following key responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with Recruiting Hourly Production Employees (reference checks, Criminal Checks, offers of employment, orientations etc.).
- Provide administrative support for developing an Hourly Employee Training Program.
- Provide administrative support with the Attendance Management Program (awards, tracking absences, coordinating interviews, preparing documentation).
- Administration relating to Group Insurance and Pension Plans.
- Provide support for general administrative duties of the Human Resources Department (Publication of Classification lists, job postings, notices, event invitations).
- Aid in Payroll Administration (payroll documentation, employee profiles, enrolments) and provide vacation relief.
- Provide assistance in any special projects or co-ordination of special events (retirements, departing gifts, service awards, plate sales etc.).
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources/Office/Business Administration.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Exceptional Time management with the ability to excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, highly detail-oriented and flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), with special focus on client service and highest degree of professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong team player with a high level of personal integrity.
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office. Keyboarding skills are essential.
- Working experience in providing Administrative Support in the recruitment process is an asset.
CKF offers a competitive wage and benefit package (including a pension plan). If you want to work for a dynamic and exciting company and enjoy the challenges of working on a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment, then come be a part of our team.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear criminal background check.
Qualified candidates can apply with cover letter and full resume at the following link:
Deadline for applications is September 8, 2023.
CKF Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Although we gratefully accept all applications, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer