For over forty years, DG Group has been a leader in planning and developing properties in a sustainable manner. In recognizing the link between creating progressive communities and nurturing a healthy environment, we have helped develop vibrant living places across Southern Ontario for future generations. Through continual innovation and constant collaboration, we remain committed to our original philosophical goal in bringing life to land.
Manage the activities of a portfolio of real estate development projects to ensure timely reporting and sound financial management.
- Monitor the financial position of the projects – recommend financing alternatives, calls for funds, and distributions as appropriate;
- Verify and approve payments, journal entries, invoices, remittances and lot sale transactions;
- Review monthly trial balances and costing reports;
- Update various tracking schedules needed for reporting and analysis;
- Partner with Financial Analysts to review proforma budgets, cashflow forecasts and budget variance analyses;
- Generate draw requests for financing and prepare monthly bank reporting packages;
- Review legal agreements that govern joint venture partnerships and fee structure and interpret financial statement impact;
- Prepare year end working papers, financial statements and stub period reporting for select projects;
- Drive continuous improvement and assist with the documentation of the company accounting processes
- Ensure and enforce compliance to all company and legislated Safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties/projects as assigned from time to time.
- Proficient with financial systems, processes and technology;
- Advanced level computer skills, particularly Excel (i.e. pivot tables, lookups and advanced formulas);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse groups to achieve objectives;
- Attention to detail;
- Organizational & planning skills;
- Strong mathematical ability;
- Stress tolerance due to fluctuations in workload – sometimes requiring overtime hours.
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in accounting / financial management required;
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting, cost accounting and financial management including preparation of working paper files and financial statements in accordance with ASPE. May require a professional accounting designation (CA, CPA, CGA, CMA, CMT), depending on experience;
- Land development industry experience preferred.
Health and Safety
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations, and internal policies and procedures;
- Report to his or her supervisor any missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person;
- Report to his or her manager the contravention of the OHSA, regulations, or company H&S policies and procedures or any observed hazard;
- Refrain from operating any equipment, machine, device or thing or otherwise working in a manner that may endanger anyone;
- Avoid engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct;
- Know, understand and implement safe work practices and procedures;
- Know, understand and employ established rules and procedures for handling materials, equipment and processes (e.g. reporting unlabelled containers, using proper lifting techniques, etc.);
- Request that worn out or defective equipment be replaced;
- Use all safety devices provided, ensuring optimum condition of devices and report any defects immediately to a supervisor;
- Use equipment and materials only in the manner intended;
- Report all injuries, incidents, hazards and unusual conditions immediately to supervisor;
- Attend all required health and safety training programs (e.g. WHMIS, orientation), and apply knowledge to daily operating procedures;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures as related to your work area.
- Typical office hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Additional hours may be required.
- Light to infrequently moderate physical effort. Requires handling of light and moderate weight objects including office equipment and other office supplies, and frequently sitting for prolonged periods of time while using the computer and telephone.
- Great environment to work in. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits.
Apply Now: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you. While we ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities, please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Company is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Company is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.