Purpose and Scope
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes in machine, fabrication, weld, assembly, paint, material handling, and automation.
- Support the manufacturing process in machine/fabrication, weld, assembly, or automation.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement events and utilize lean methodologies to identify and reduce waste.
- Conduct statistical Process Control and other statistical methods applicable to manufacturing.
- Investigate opportunities and create “Request for Proposal” data packages to introduce new capital equipment.
- Develop and maintain layouts, work instructions, manpower requirements, tool lists, and build sequence (scripts) for various takt times and configurations.
- Review Engineering Change Notices for impact to tooling, processes, work instructions, scripts, and run-up units and coordinate necessary changes.
- Work with design engineering to assist with Design for Manufacturability.
- Assist in the requirements, development, and commissioning for jigs and fixtures.
- Identify and maintain standard work times, work centers, and routings in the ERP system.
- Ensure BOMs and Routings are sequenced so parts are assigned to the correct work stations.
- Support make/buy decisions through capacity, outsourcing, and repatriation activities.
- Develop rework requirements for non-conforming/discrepant material.
- Work closely with production for mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evening on call may be required.
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program in Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials, Process Automation, Mechanical, or equivalent.
- Eligibility for EGM or CTTAM registration.
Beneficial Skills and Knowledge
- Must possess excellent presentation, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with developing, designing, and supporting manufacturing processes (fabrication, welding, assembly, or process automation)
- Experience with the principles and methods of lean manufacturing.
- Strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems is an asset
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Training in Lean Greenbelt, Six Sigma, or Operations Excellence is an asset