The Naval World intrigues you!
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a Marine HVAC industry leader? You are solution driven and want to contribute to daily project activities ensuring Bronswerk work scope is manufactured and installed to the proper standards. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, like to work on-site and in the office, and are customer driven we want to meet you!
Reporting to the Automation Controls Director, the Controls Technologist - PLC Programmer will work with Project Managers to program and design PLC and HMI’s, install (commission), troubleshoot, and control systems for Marine HVAC.
- Program modern PLCs, specifically on Siemens Step 7 TIA platforms and Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000.
- Read and understand schematic drawings and trouble shoot electrical panels.
- HMI/touchscreen Design and Implementation.
- Motor drives (VFD, Soft starter) understanding, commissioning and start up.
- Industrial Networks understanding and configuration such as Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus TCP/IP and Modbus RTU.
- Communication with customers and co-workers during programming and machine commissioning.
- Experience and understanding of other common electrical devices/modules, such as control relays, switches, sensors, temperature controllers.
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required for the project engineering and the detailed design tasks.
- Works closely with other teams such as Refrigeration and/or HVAC projects teams to design and integrate appropriate controls.
- Responsible for end-to-end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects Testing and trouble-shooting equipment and network HVAC systems controls, during commissioning and Factory acceptance tests Performing point-to-point commissioning of sensors and other system inputs.
- Checking the calibration of system sensors and transmitters.
- Coordinates with Automation Controls Director to precisely understand requirements for all project installation, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
What sets you apart?
- Minimum 3 year -Dip. Eng. Technology – Electro-Mechanical or Electronics Technology.
- Experience with various PLC and Industrial controls systems.
- Familiar with PLC programming and implementation (Siemens Step 7 and TIA Portal).
- Reading and interpreting control sequence logic from control philosophy documents.
- Understanding of machinery safety.
- Sound Knowledge of PID controller concept and tuning for temperature applications.
- Is familiar with HVAC Systems – an asset.
- Experience in drawing panel layouts – an asset.
- Bilingual, with good English oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
Who are we?
A global leader in naval, military and marine Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems & equipment, Bronswerk provides turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide. Bronswerk manages the entire process, from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
What sets Bronswerk’s apart?
- Hybrid position
- Life, Dental, Health, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
- Friday afternoons off year-round
- Happy Hour, Teambuilding activities and more
- Recognition and Reward Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brossard, QC J4Y 0C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Brossard, QC J4Y 0C4