Department: Game Entertainment
Reports To: Sr Game Entertainment Producer
The Editor is an integral part of our Game Entertainment team and is responsible for the post-production of content to be used at games and other events. This role is responsible for content creation such as pumpers and make noise segments, compiling and logging footage, and assisting other producers and editors in the department.
This role will focus on:
- Editing raw footage to create compelling, visually appealing, and seamless video content, ensuring that final product aligns with the company's creative vision and standards
- Enhancing video content by adding appropriate visual effects, sound effects, graphics, and animations, while maintaining consistency with the brand identity and overall theme
- Organizing and maintaining video assets, ensuring they are properly logged, backed up, and easily accessible for future reference
- Collaborating closely with other members of the production team, including directors, producers, and other editors to ensure a cohesive and well-executed final product
- Synchronizing audio elements, including dialogue, music, and sound effects to ensure a seamless and immersive viewing experience
- Working efficiently to meet project deadlines, while maintaining high-quality standards and attention to detail
- A team you can belong to and believe in
- A fun, high energy environment
- An open mind for new ideas
- The opportunity to embark on a career development journey
- Extensive experience with industry-standard video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid Media Composer
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as Broadcasting
- Ability to work within graphics compositing programs (i.e., Adobe, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Strong creative and artistic skills
- Ability to prioritize various tasks while producing top quality work within tight deadlines
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of hockey and the Vancouver Canucks
- Knowledge of video codecs and formats
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
This position will remain open until filled.