Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP is an accounting firm with over 35 years of experience and is the business partner of choice for privately owned corporations, their shareholders and non-profit organizations throughout Hamilton and surrounding areas.
The firm employs 50+ employees and offers services in accounting, advisory, taxation and valuation/litigation support services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides general administrative and operational support including photocopying, filing, faxing, scanning, data entry, etc.
- Produces draft documents including letters, and general correspondence.
- Answers and directs phone calls. Corresponds with clients regularly.
- Assists with cleanliness and/or organization of office common areas.
- Assists with monitoring and maintaining office and kitchen supplies.
- Assists Partners with inputting time and produces reports.
- Assists with bank deposits.
- Provides coverage for front Reception area when needed, greeting and processing visitors and incoming inquires in person and over the phone. Processes incoming mail and receives deliveries.
- Provides coverage for other administrative team members as needed.
- Helps maintain electronic and physical filing systems.
- Assists with drafting PTR bills in advance of personal tax season.
- Assists with tax return assembly.
- Assist with social functions and planning.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed.
- A post-secondary education in business administration is an asset
- Business related courses would be beneficial but not necessary
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an administrative assistant position preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Data entry
- Employ strong prioritization skills and a sense of urgency
- Detail orientated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a high level of organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
What We Offer:
- A total compensation package that includes competitive wages, health and dental benefits, a group RRSP with matching contribution, Firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
- Association with a Firm known for expertise, superior work quality, and a history of strong client relationships.
- Growth opportunities for those interested.
- A culture based on collaboration and a sense of community.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to make reasonable additions or changes to the duties of the position at any time.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodation.
Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person