Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Director of Operations.
- Minimum of 2 years Hotel Management Operational experience, or 1-2 years Sales or Rooms Division Manager experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset.
- Food and Beverage Management experience would be an asset.
- 'Hands-on' Management style.
- Exceptional Leadership skills.
- Commitment to exceeding Guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications
- including the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Power point), and Hotel PMS's.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities for self and others in the hotel.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
- Supervising & Directing all operational aspects of the Hotel.
- Achieving Revenue & Sales goals.
- Implementing the approved budget and monitoring revenues and costs on a daily basis, and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Controlling costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling & payroll control.
- Meeting high levels of service by assisting the employees to provide superior guest service.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism in appearance, conduct, ethics and image. Assists associates in gaining the same high level of professionalism.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Discounted Passes/Lift tickets atGrouse Mountain andRevelstoke Mountain Resort
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Grouptakes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.