Join us in Advancing the Environmental Global Impact within the Rail Industry
For the past 30 years, ZTR has designed, developed and released products that have a positive environmental impact within the Locomotive Industry. Planning for an environmentally sustainable future means taking action today in preparation for tomorrow. Everyone has a role to play and we take ours seriously.
What You’ll be Doing
Are you passionate about supporting a more sustainable future? Do you enjoy understanding the customer's needs and providing them with greener and more reliable solutions? Are you data-driven and results-oriented? Whether it’s getting answers for customers quickly, consulting on products with compassion or upselling solution for their issues with a smile, you’ll be the difference between customer experience being just average or an exceptional one.
As the Technical Service Representative you will be joining our talented support team and providing quality technical 24/7 in-house phone support to our customers by troubleshooting PLC based solutions, and occassionally travelling to our customer sites to perform commissioning and installation of our equipment.
This is a great opportunity if you want to jump start into your career of Engineering all while doing your part to obtain a sustainable future. We Need You!
As the Technical Service Representative, you will:
- Provide excellent Customer Service and Support in both field and telephone support
- Program, configure and troubleshoot ZTR locomotive operation, products, and solutions
- Travel to customer sites for commissioning & installation of ZTR equipment
- Provide on-site technical training and presentations to customers
- Perform sales support and project management tasks as assigned
- Provide 24/7 on Call rotation.
- Minimum two year diploma in Electrical or Mechatronics, with Technician, Technologist or Engineer diploma/degree.
- Familiarity with PLC and/or Locomotive background is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously at customer sites and manage project scope & cost
- Exceptional organizational and data entry skills required for related administrative tasks
- Potential ability to travel 10% - 40% to customer sites for on-site commissioning and/or installation of ZTR equipment.
- In possession of, or eligible to receive a valid TN Visa to travel to the United States.
Please apply even if you don’t qualify for all responsibilities or skills.
Why Choose ZTR?
ZTR offers a casual working environment and a group of friendly and talented industry leaders passionate about combating climate change. We encourage and support employees to find long-term success and explore opportunities that play into their strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions; we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to build a rewarding career at ZTR.
ZTR is all about our people. That is why we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) within our organization. DEI is essential to our goal of creating a great place to work. We are committed to building a representative workforce and committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are looking for flexible, compassionate and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and who are looking for long-term, meaningful employment in a career that makes a real difference.
At ZTR, we continuously promote a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place where employees make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will be able to direct your career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will address information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants in confidence.