JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: DIGITAL INNOVATION & IT
POSTING NUMBER: 105462
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35-hour workweek
LOCATION: Hybrid Model – when working onsite, you will report to the location of City Hall.
SALARY GRADE: 11
SALARY RANGE: 1ST STEP: $84,375.20 per annum
2ND STEP: $88,816.00 per annum
JOB RATE: $93,457.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: September 21, 2023
CLOSING DATE: October 11, 2023
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Team Lead, IT, this role is responsible for the primary technology support and troubleshooting of all corporate wide Audio-Visual hardware, software and management systems. Research, plan, install, test and maintain new & existing Audio-Visual equipment and systems, including firmware levels and work as part of the AV support team for Boardrooms, meetings spaces and Chambers. Provide technical support to resolve complex issues referred directly by staff or through the IT Service Desk. Provide technical assistance and training in the functional aspects of hardware and software, act as technical resources and liaises with development, client support and other technical staff as required.
Act as a project team member for projects of a technical nature which include researching, evaluating, testing, making recommendations, planning, and assisting in the implementation, deployment and support of new and existing hardware and software solutions.
- Assist with testing, packaging applications, software updates and fixes for deployment to computers enterprise wide. Responsible for determining strategies for the distribution of these items.
- Provide technical direction, advice and guidance to the Technology Specialists and other IT staff in the functional aspects of hardware and software solutions. This includes troubleshooting, analysis, and resolutions procedures.
- Responsible in the review, prioritization, and assignment of call tickets to the appropriate 2nd and 3rd level technical support staff.
- Maintain the deployment management system (Microsoft SCCM or Crestron Fusion) for all new and existing drivers to all new and existing hardware currently in the Corporation.
- Responsible for the acquisition and lifecycle management of productivity tools to be used enterprise wide.
Create, update, and provide documentation of the technology configuration and share the information by distributing to the support teams.
- Assist in the administration and support of core IT systems.
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
- High School (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over two and up to three years or equivalent in Computer Sciences / Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Over four (4) years, up to and including eight (8) years of progressive experience in a technical support environment.
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification is an asset.
In-depth knowledge and technical support experience in: client-server software and/or browser based solutions; computer and/or audio visual hardware; Crestron systems, Microsoft Windows OS; Citrix ; Apple Mac OS; Microsoft System Centre; Microsoft Office and TCP/IP, Mobile device management; Microsoft Intune; Telephone Expense Management (TEM) systems administration; Apple iPad/iPhone IOS and devices; Android Tablet and Phone devices an asset.
Comprehensive knowledge of support procedures in a technical environment, including automated call logging and issue troubleshooting, analysis and resolution processes.
Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service an asset.
Ability to work independently or as part of a team an asset.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process may be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above quoting reference #105462 by October 11, 2023 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self-identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. Should you wish to opt out of completing the survey, please select “prefer not to answer” as a response to each question. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected] or 905.874.2150 with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.