We are looking for a full-time Partnership Relationship Manager to join us. Please apply with your resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experience align with the requirements.
Partnership Relationship Manager Job Purpose
The Partnership Relationship Manager has a key role in the development and growth of headversity’s Partner Program. This position reports to the VP Growth and Partnerships and works to strengthen relationships with assigned partners, help to grow revenue opportunities within assigned partners, and help develop retention strategies (for national, regional and/or global partnerships). Additionally, they will seek opportunities to broaden and deepen partner relationships across headversity. This role will focus on Canadian Benefit Brokers, with growth opportunities to manage other partnership channels and geographies, such as the US, General Agencies, Third Party Administrators, Ancillary or Medical Carriers, Associations, and technology platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as point of contact for Sr. level relationships within assigned partners and demonstrate deep industry knowledge fostering confidence and trust.
- Help develop and deliver product and sales training to partners.
- Manage business plan for assigned partners and successfully execute against agreed upon objectives and revenue targets.
- Active and ongoing collaboration with Partnership Leadership, Sales Team, Service, Impact Team (data scientists and subject matter experts), and Marketing teams
- Represent headversity at industry and partner events.
- Collaborate with Partnership team to design and implement growth strategies for targeted partners.
- Build brand awareness across assigned Brokers, Carriers, Associations networks:
- attend and facilitate Partnership events, including presenting to broker teams and conference/booth attendees.
- Serve as assigned Partner’s main point of contact at headversity and manage Partner Enablement.
- Manage the follow up with Broker, Carrier and, if through the partnership channel, Enterprise Customers and Prospects, and build relationships through digital, voice and in-person channel, including:
- Manage RFP process.
- Create/send monthly Partnerships Newsletter/Updates to Partners in collaboration with marketing.
- Serve as the first point of contact for assigned partner escalations, bringing in other business units when necessary.
- Manage partner level book of business and partner with the Customer Service and Sales team to deliver Book of Business level renewals:
- Work directly at the broker/carrier level.
- Main point of contact with the CS team to ensure a clean and successful hand-off and implementation.
- Main point of contact for contract management with Partners as well as the internal CS team.
- Collaboration with CS and CS Leadership will be imperative to the success of the role.
- Work with partnerships team to create finalist decks, content, and messaging for each general and nuanced partner meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Benefits Solution Provider, Broker or Carrier relationship management role (10 years preferred, with a preference toward benefit broker relationships).
- Comfortable with consultative selling and presenting into CHRO’s, Benefit’s leaders, Brokers and Carriers.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, CRM (HubSpot).
- Comfortable in an evolving and fast paced environment.
- Collaborative and critical thinker.
Sales and Customer Skills:
- Partner Focus: Dedicates themselves to learning the partners’ business model and needs at both a local and national level. Monitors satisfaction and promotes headversity partnership.
- Relationship Development: Fosters highly productive and respected business relationships with broad and unique audiences at national and local levels. Takes initiative to establish relationships and strengthen them through repeated contact and generating trust and respect though the exchange of ideas and sharing of information.
- Collaboration: Fosters a high level of teamwork through an understanding of how work is related across functional areas and contribute to organizational and partnership objectives. Ability to manage multiple diverse internal & external customers.
- Influence: Ability to define and execute a plan in a compelling manner to foster consistent understanding across a wide group of individuals.
- Professionalism: Conducts business in a consistently professional manner. Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and enthusiasm.
- Communication: Open and honest; Leads by example and through various modes of communication.
- Frequent Travel (~20%).
- Using computers, printers, scanners and other office equipment.
- May require working evenings and weekends.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
headversity is an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
If you have a disability or special needs requiring accommodation for an interview or workplace, please let our Human Resources Department know.