About Step One
Step One Mobility Planning and Engineering (Step One) is a growing transportation engineering consultancy based in Vancouver. Specializing in the intersection of mobility, land use, and public space, our mission is to support forward-thinking projects, policies, and research. We leverage our expertise in transportation planning and engineering to find collaborative solutions and common ground between municipalities, communities, and stakeholders. Committed to sustainable urban practices, we prioritize and advocate for active transportation and transit.
This transportation planning analyst role offers an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or students looking to kickstart a career in transportation. It will include a wide array of responsibilities and tasks. This fully remote role is a part-time position as an independent contractor, with room for professional growth and the potential to transition into a full-time position.
- Conduct rigorous data analysis to inform transportation planning and engineering decisions
- Develop visual aids and content for reports and presentations using graphic design skills
- Create articles featuring original content and research
- Conduct field investigations and surveys to assess existing mobility conditions
- Assist in the development of municipal transportation policy
- Manage field count staff to support data collection work
- Liaise with stakeholders, including government agencies and community organizations, as necessary
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in data analysis and visualization, preferably using Excel or similar tools
- Graphic design skills, particularly for generating visual aids
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with GIS software, such as QGIS
- Experience with CAD software, such as AutoCAD
- Understanding of traffic modeling and simulation
- Proficiency in statistical software like R or Python
- In-depth knowledge of the Lower Mainland’s transportation and mobility network
- Prior experience in a consulting environment
- Engagement in public outreach or community initiatives
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in transportation planning projects
- Awareness of transportation planning best practices
A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education in Engineering, Planning, or a related discipline is required.
Commitment to Equity
Step One is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to an equitable hiring process and warmly welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and lived experiences.
Step One Mobility practices Transportation Planning and Engineering from the unceded and ancestral territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples, the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We invite applications from Indigenous individuals as part of this process.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Are you currently located in or near the metro Vancouver region?
Work Location: In person