CARTOGRAPHER (ENC/Paper Charts)
GEONET TECHNOLOGIES, SUMMERSIDE, PEI
Located in Prince Edward Island, Canada, and in business since 1994, GeoNet Technologies is a private and locally owned company that provides geographic information production and consulting services for Canadian and International clients. We specialize in electronic nautical chart (ENC) production, and topographic mapping and provide consulting and data services for municipalities of various sizes throughout Atlantic Canada. Our GIS team helps organizations optimize their investments in GIS with geodatabase design, data provision, and asset management solutions.
GeoNet has a strategic business model and we also help local governments and other organizations track the condition, maintenance, and reporting of their physical assets and optimize service delivery, we pride ourselves on our quality customer service.
GeoNet is currently expanding and is looking to add a full-time Cartographer to our team in
Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
- Undertake/lead GIS projects including maintenance of GIS and spatial databases, acquire, assess information, and interpret the necessary aspects to provide user needs.
- Create, edit, and design Electronic Nautical Charts and Paper Charts as a part of the hydrographic production team including processing bathymetric data, GIS data, and georeference data captured from imagery provided by clients and from other hydrographic sources.
- Provide assistance on GIS projects, topographic projects, and other divisions (Utilities,
Planning, Operation, Engineering, etc).
- Create ENCs and Paper Charts for various clients using CARIS S-57, Base Editor, and CARIS
HPD, and all other CARIS platforms.
- Ensure quality control and quality assessment procedures are conducted on each chart/project by using appropriate tools and techniques, and provide QA/QC reports when required.
- Manage licenses, installations, and updating processes on GIS/ENC software as required.
- Perform other technical duties and engage in day-to-day tasks as assigned.
- University degree or technical diploma is required in GIS, Geography, Marine Geomatics,
Hydrography, Earth Science, or in a related field.
- Certification/Training from CARIS for HPD, Base Editor, and CARIS HIPS, is required.
- Recent experience of minimum 5-7 years working with Geospatial technologies with emphasis on Nautical Charting, Paper Chart production, spatial analysis, and data management in a GIS environment.
- Proven working experience as a Cartographer using CARIS S-57, S-100/S-101, CARIS Paper
Chart Composer, CARIS HPD, CARIS Base Editor, and CARIS HIPS, and all other CARIS platforms.
- Ability to perform regular tasks using CARIS platforms, ESRI’s ArcGIS Products and, ENC production.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IHO regulations, standards, and specifications. Knowledge in
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS, remote sensing using ESRI and CARIS software and open sources. This includes the ability to acquire, edit, manipulate, and analyze geospatial data.
- Experience with FME, and Python will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Photogrammetry and DAT/EM Summit Evolution will be considered an asset.
In addition, this position requires the ability to:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide assistance on matters related to multiple projects at the same time.
- Effectively communicate with clients and team orally and in writing.
- Work in a team environment and maintain effective relationships with various internal contacts.
- Perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
If you want to be part of a small dynamic team and want to grow business together with us and you have what it takes to make this happen, please email (only) your application to the following contact:
Sales Business Development Manager [email protected]
115 Walker Ave., Suite 102 Tel: (902) 436-1541
Summerside, PE Fax: (902) 436-1617
Canada C1N 0C9 GeoNet Technologies
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Summerside, PE C1N 0C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Nautical Charting / ENC: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person