Parts Counter Associate
Carrier Truck Centers requires an experienced, motivated and career minded, Parts Counter Associate for our Windsor, Ontario Dealership. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering superior customer service by identifying, sourcing and delivering parts to our customers.
What's in it for you?
- Extended Healthcare
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP Program
- Vacation time off
- Social activities such as Pizza lunches, Barbeques and Christmas luncheon
What’s a day like as a Parts Associate?
- Sell products and/or services to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Assist walk in customers in selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting/acknowledging all customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Determines availability of out-of-stock parts and submits order when requested by the customer.
- Answers phone calls, provide price quotes and other product/service information as requested.
- Provide service technicians with parts when needed.
- Assist in keeping the Parts department safe clean and orderly.
- Ensures compliance to all appropriate Health & Safety legislation and corporate Health & Safety Policies.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- 1-3 years of similar experience is required.
- Knowledge of diesel heavy duty truck industry would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Applications
- Full class “G” License
- Ability to provide excellent customer service while demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, independent and a team player with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
Rotating Day and Night Shift every two weeks:
7am-3:30pm Day Shift
2:30pm-11pm Night Shift
$22-$24 an hour depending on experience
About Us: Carrier Truck Centers was established in 1960. Today, we are proud to be a dealer for the most trusted names in the transportation industry across Ontario. We have a lease and rental division, fleet management, and a full-service body shop. With five locations to serve, our promise to you remains the same – quality people and quality products. We have a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. Every member of our team from service technicians to administration plays an integral role in the continued success of our company. We are on a path of growth and succession and are seeking highly skilled professionals to take us even further.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local laws.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to work rotating day and night shifts every two weeks?
- auto/truck parts: 1 year (required)
- diesel heavy duty truck: 1 year (required)
- Class G Licence (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person