Stormwater Management Engineer (Collingwood or Barrie)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an Intermediate or Senior Stormwater Management (SWM) Engineer to support our Land Development departments in our Barrie or Collingwood office.
This position is responsible for the planning, design and approval of land development projects focusing on the design of stormwater management systems and infrastructure, including the completion and review of hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, flood and erosion hazard assessments. This role will also provide support related to tender preparation, construction inspection and contract administration, as required. Familiarity with the execution of Master Drainage Plans and climate change innovations in water resources will be considered an asset as well.
You will also be responsible for providing technical direction to junior staff, as well as assisting the Group Leader, Senior Manager and/or Department Manager with business development.
The variety of work provides challenges for the SWM Engineer to advance their skills and practical experience in a collaborative environment.
Key Position Requirements
- Eng. in the Province of Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years of stormwater management engineering experience
- Excellent municipal design and project management skills
- Experience with technical modeling (using such software as, Visual OTTHYMO, PCSWMM and HEC-RAS)
- Experience with completing Municipal Class EA Planning process
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person