Come... Enjoy... Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Located on the Tsuut’ina First Nation, Grey Eagle Resort & Casino is Calgary’s number one entertainment facility. We are looking for talented, energetic and motivated individuals to join our diverse workforce! We offer competitive salaries, benefits and opportunities to grow your career.
Security Officers play an integral role in maintaining the overall security and protection of the Casino and Resort in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures and Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC) terms and conditions pertaining to the operation of the casino and resort. Casino security guards ensure the safety of casino and resort patrons and employees while protecting their employer’s property. Typical duties include removing disruptive individuals from the casino, reporting suspicious activity, escorting casino funds to and from the vault and assisting police officers when a disturbance is reported. Casino security officers may also answer customer inquiries and provide directions around the casino.
- Reports to the Security Supervisor, Security Manager and Assistant Manager
- Responsible to provide courteous service to all casino patrons and assist in resolving patron complaints and disputes about casino games or service; Perform all duties in accordance with the highest professional standards at all times, and project a professional image of self, the security department, and the casino;
- Maintain radio contact at all times when on shift; respond to emergencies, alarms, duress situations or incidents promptly and assist any members of the Emergency Response Team as required;
- Maintain a physical presence on the gaming & slot floors as a deterrent to major and petty crimes;
- Clear, concise and accurate recording of all activities in the appropriate logs and reports;
- Report found property and to ensure the security of the property;
- Escort unruly customers out of casino and off the premises;
- Escort customers with large winnings safely to their vehicles;
- Escort chip fills, jackpots, and credits;
- Escort playing cards from delivery trust to storage and from storage to pit stands;
- Ensure security equipment is functioning correctly and to report any malfunctions to the Security Supervisor;
- Assist with slot box pull and table games pull;
- Perform duties pursuant to First Aid training;
- Other job duties as directed by Security Supervisor and Security Management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Anti-Money Laundering, Pro Serve, Pro – Tect, Deal Us training.
- Must be able to pass a criminal records check.
- First Aid.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid AGLC licence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate clearly and effectively to verbalize incidents and daily happenings in the department, along with strong reading and writing skills for reporting purposes,
- Ability to work and thrive in a team oriented environment, and be able to function independently also,
- Ability to work in a physically demanding area (ie. lift up to 20 lbs) and be familiar with a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail in their work.
- Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to any emergency situation.
- Must be aware of and able to work in a smoking environment.
- Exposure to Scents/Perfumes.
- Must have a presentable professional appearance.
- Must adhere to all security policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn and train.
- Must be available for shift work and able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.No phone calls please.
- Priority will be given to Tsuut'ina Nation members.