If you have an aptitude for putting things together, work well with your hands and love being a part of a team of like minded people then we need you.
We are seeking reliable, self-motivated and timely go-getters to fill various Assembly roles at our Calgary facility.
We are a great big family and enjoy the comradery of our peers, many of our employees are with us as referrals from other employees. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. DIRTT is also growing in leaps and bounds, with lots of opportunities for growth in the workplace.
- Work with other members of the line or group in order to assemble products
- Identify any defects and handle them according to quality procedures
- Solve problems as they arise (brainteasers are your jam)
- Reading and following basic diagrams, drawings, specifications, bills of material, and instructions to accurately assemble components into finished products
- Performing work in accordance with quality standards and safety procedures
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and organized workspace or assembly station
- Taking precision measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Report on issues, malfunction or defective parts
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred (don't worry we'll train and DIRTTify you)
- A High school diploma or GED combined with some experience in a similar role preferred
- Technical knowledge and ability to read blueprints, drawings etc.
- Ability using tools (e.g. clamps) and machines (e.g. presses)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent hand-eye coordination combined with a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (get paid to get fit)
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning, coordination and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- A strong track-record for being accountable and timely while understanding the importance of maintaining a safe work environment
- Proficient at using computers
- Steel toed work boots are required
This is a Safety Sensitive role: pre-employment drug & background screening will be required as part of a pre-requisite.