We are looking for 4 Regular Full-Time Recruiters to join our Team!
As a member of the Human Resources and Workforce Experience team, the Recruiter works closely with hiring leaders, HR Team, and internal & external applicants to effectively facilitate end-to-end recruitment for various positions in the health centre. The Recruiter ensures a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment & selection process and ensures RVH is consistently represented as a desirable place to work.
The Recruiter also supports other Talent Acquisition and Human Resources activities including but not limited to policy development, researching, planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating best-practice human resources, recruitment, selection, and retention strategies to make recommendations on improving current practice.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Human Resources, or a related field
- Post-graduate certificate in human resources management preferred
- Member in good standing of a HRPA preferred
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a recruitment role required, preferably in a unionized and/or healthcare setting
- Experience with leading full-cycle talent acquisition processes including but not limited to posting and advertising positions, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and supporting offers of employment and onboarding
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with HRIS and ATS software required. Experience with PeopleSoft and Deltek Recruitment Management System considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with recruitment-related websites including, LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, including ability to build and maintain relationships, and communicate in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills to develop talent acquisition materials including but not limited to email communications, job postings, interview tools, advertisements, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply employment legislation (e.g., Employment Standards, Human Rights, Health & Safety, Privacy, Compensation, Labour Relations, etc.), organizational policies, and collective agreements.
- Strong business acumen with proven flexibility and ability to adapt positively in a fast-based, and ever-changing organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work independently and as part of a team to manage a full workload and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team environment that promotes collaborative decision making and working together to bring a shared vision to life
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote), and HRIS and ATS software.
- Committed to continuous professional development, education, and learning
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external candidates through timely and engaging communication
- Develop strong partnerships with hiring leaders, HR Team, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Create and manage requisitions in the recruitment management system to ensure vacancies are accurately represented on the RVH job board
- Update and enhance job postings to attract diverse, high-quality talent
- Manage job advertisements on external websites, including LinkedIn, Indeed, profession-specific job boards, etc.
- Source internal and external candidates through talent pools, candidate networks and previous job postings
- Identify and utilize effective recruitment strategies for hard-to-fill positions
- Represent RVH at career fairs, high school and post-secondary education institutions and other recruitment events
- Assist with employer brand and recruitment marketing activities such as RVH website, social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), external website (Indeed, Glassdoor, etc.) and other print and digital medias
Screening & Selection
- Manage candidate screening activities, including but not limited to, resume screening, screening questionnaires, phone and/or virtual screening interviews, and testing to short-list candidates for hiring leaders
- Create and manage applicant pools to build a talent pipeline of high-potential candidates for various positions
- Support hiring leaders with panel interviews including developing interview tools, coordinating with panel members, and booking candidates
- Nurture unsuccessful candidates to maintain positive relationship and re-engage for current or future opportunities within the health centre
- Support successful candidates through onboarding processes including reference and police check, completion of onboarding documents and tasks, etc. to ensure seamless transition
- Communicate with hiring leaders, orientation leads, and other stakeholders on candidate onboarding progress
- Assess candidate and new hire experience surveys and feedback to provide recommendations on process improvement
- Assist with creating written offers of employment and offer amendments