Production Assembler: The Production Assembler will be responsible for working on the production line of the company. This individual will be required to perform tasks involving physical labor and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. This is a labour intensive position requiring individuals to perform repetitive tasks.
- Read drawings and other technical diagrams
- Bolt, screw, clip, weld, solder or otherwise fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment
- Operate and tend automated assembling equipment such as robotic and fixed automation equipment
- Connect cables, tubes and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools and other aids like overhead hoists
- Mark, record and report defects
· Operate and attend to manual and automated equipment in the production process operation.
· Understand and review the product through specified production process, recognizing areas of defect and taking appropriate actions to rectify them.
· Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
· Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned work area at all times.
· Work effectively as part of a team to ensure productivity and efficiency.
· Assure the daily and weekly production schedule is adhered to.
· Ensure all equipment is operated according to equipment manufactures instructions and safety guidelines are followed.
· Participate in educational and training opportunities applicable to the position.
· Other duties shall be assigned as required.
· High School Diploma.
· Previous production work considered an asset.
· Willing and able to follow specific instructions.
· Ability to use basic power tools required.
· Ability to perform repetitive tasks with little supervision.
· Ability to work as a team.
· Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
· Good oral and written communication abilities
· Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $1.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person