Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo?
If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest minds, Bureau Veritas Canada might be the place for you!
Here are our Core Values:
Ambitious & Humble
Open & Inclusive
If these values resonate with you, Bureau Veritas is looking for a:
Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Burnaby (twice a week) and Vancouver (twice a week)
Contract Position until September 30, 2024
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
This position supports Bureau Veritas’ Minerals Division across Canada, and Food and Environmental Division across Western Canada. The position will have dual reporting to the HRBP’s representing the two divisions. This position supports approx. 500 employees.
Primary responsibilities include the following (but are not limited to):
- Provides administrative support and clerical assistance to the HR department
- Provide excellent recruitment services/guidance to management and staff
- Act as liaison between staff and management for issues regarding employee relations, recruitment, classification and compensation
- Develop and maintain trust with employees by ensuring that all information deemed confidential remains so.
- Act as liaison between employees and supervisors/managers in dealing with work or personal resolution of issues.
- Responsible for driving employee engagement initiatives and fostering a collaborative workplace culture.
- Increase the profile and visibility of Human Resources and as a part of the corporate team
- Act as a resource for others sections of the company e.g. Finance, IT, etc.
- Ensure adherence to Bureau Veritas’ policies
- Ad hoc projects and duties as required
- Accurately complete daily administrative paperwork required to facilitate recruitment, staff changes, benefits enrolments, compensation, performance management, etc
- Generate monthly and ad hoc reports using HRIS
- Provide HR administrative support and clerical assistance using Microsoft Office
- Draft letters, memos, procedures etc.
- Receive and appropriately handle incoming calls, emails and faxes
- Assist in the coordination of company events, including catering for training sessions
- Take minutes at senior management meeting
- Filing/archiving, organizing, and general housekeeping in the department
- Maintain the security card system
- Obtain appropriate approvals for all recruitment
- Prepare and post internal/external job advertisements
- Partner with management in interviews as required and in identifying and creating job related interview questions
- Check applicant references and provides feedback to hiring managers
- Draft offer letters
Compensation and Benefits
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serving as a liaison between insurance carriers and employees
- Assist with compensation and classification inquiries, as appropriate
- Liaise with payroll for all employee inquiries, including timesheets
Is there a mutual fit? You ideally have:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration (ie. certificate or diploma) or a high school diploma combined with relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material
- Keen attention to detail and strong sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize your work, problem solve, and are effective working independently
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and tact in dealing with all levels both externally and internally
- Experience with HR Management Systems (i.e. Success Factors, SAP preferred)
- Engaging personality
- Monday to Friday
- May require flexible workings hours including overtime and weekends
Bureau Veritas Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust