This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada.
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE.
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile Digital Health makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
The position will proactively work with customers and collaborate with key internal teams (e.g. coredev, product, solution architects, support, etc.) to help the team improve performance, scalability, durability, and security of the custom solution. You will support professional services and technical solution delivery to a range of Smile Digital Health’s customers.
- Collaborate with customers to support implementation projects, within the scope of Smile Digital Health’s products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, troubleshooting, creating technical designs, providing architectural recommendations, etc.
- Prioritize conflicting requests and balance concurrent projects, including escalations to leadership as required.
- Learn about industry trends and best practices to help set direction for our clients’ initiatives.
- Collaborate regularly with the Smile Digital Health customer-facing teams (Implementations, Service, Account Managers, Customer Success) to ensure profitability of professional services engagements.
- Act as a resource for technical support analysts.
- Participate in after hours on-call support rotation.
- Support RFI/RFP development and evaluation.
- Ensure that hours are tracked and reported for billing purposes.
- 3+ years development experience and Java v11+.
- Experience with Spring, REST, SQL and Git.
- Minimum 3 years experience designing, developing and delivering software solutions, alone or as part of a team.
- Superior interpersonal skills, works well with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, problem recognition and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent prioritization, and organization skills - it is rare for the role to be provided with a concrete list of tasks to complete for the day. Instead there will be a broader list of issues to analyze and address, and high-level problems to solve. A successful candidate will be comfortable working in this flexible environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral - you’re comfortable leading meetings, documenting your ideas and able to persuade others.
- Preferred requirements:
- Experience with Kafka, ActiveMQ or other MQ systems, MongoDb, and Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Healthcare system experience.
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and iterative methodologies.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
Smile's core values include respect, inclusion, embracing our differences, and celebrating shared values and because our people are the foundation of our success, we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are big on creating a sense of belonging and empowering each other to bring our authentic selves to work.