Why Join Us?
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on...
What’s in it for you?
- A ridiculously cool life experience
- Free ski pass for Sunshine Village and super deals at other resorts
- A plethora of lively staff events all season long
- Marvelous discounts on ski gear, food & drinks and transportation.
What can you expect?
The Hotel maintenance worker is in a visible role and provides support to the Hotel department with respect to all hotel maintenance related needs. e.g., buildings (interior/exterior), plumbing, HVAC, hot tub, decks. Maintenance workers are focused on safety, efficiency, and being approachable and courteous.
This jobs might be right for you if you think you would really enjoy:
Assisting/responding to all building maintenance related issues or needs including inspections, disassembly, assembly, routine or annual maintenance, e.g., Plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting, snow removal.
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Completing documentation e.g., daily checks/reports, assigned logs, maintenance logs, inventory counts, Safe work plans
- Communicating any unusual operating conditions e.g., mechanical, operational, environmental
- Adhering to company initiatives, policies, procedures, relevant legislation, and manufacturer information e.g., OHS, fire/building codes, Canada National Parks Act.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and deficiencies to appropriate departments/personnel.
Other duties may be requested and assigned from time to time.
And you have:
- Valid Alberta vehicle operator’s license
- Positive, mature, and friendly attitude along with being neat, alert, punctual and dependable.
- Prepared to work flexible schedules e.g., weekends, holidays, nights, extended hours.
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions e.g., appropriate footwear, layers, gloves.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and maintain patience.
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally and in a confidential capacity.
- Maintain professional conduct when in uniform, on or off-duty and online
- Effectively provide support and assistance to coworkers in all departments as required.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training.
- Computer skills an asset e.g., Microsoft Suite of programs
- Employees must always be of sound mind, exhibit good judgment, and report to work fit for duty.
- Requires standing/walking for long periods of time, trunk rotation, frequent lifting (up to 25kg), pushing/pulling (up to 45 kg), kneeling, crouching. Routinely climb ladders/inclined stairs up to 10m or work at heights up to 15m, hike and move around in an alpine environment.
- This role maintains/operates machinery, off road/highway vehicles, snowmobiles, specialty/trade tools, works around moving equipment.
- Candidates may be required to provide their own transportation to the resort.
- Candidates are required to provide and maintain CSA approved safety footwear.
- Required uniform pieces (liner, jacket, pants, toque/hat, collared shirt, polo) are provided.
- This role has exposure to industrial chemicals e.g., solvents, oils, grease, paints, chemicals.
This role is subject to all terms and conditions of the Sunshine Village Employee Handbook and Policy Manual, and the Alberta Employment Standards Code.
Sunshine Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity within our workplace.