Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children receiving medical care by providing essential services and a home away from home for their families. Our programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside HSC Children’s Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House is currently inviting applications for a full-time Family Services Associate.
Shift times are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The full-time Family Services Associate works directly with the Senior Family Services Manager to coordinate the family services of Ronald McDonald House. This individual will be required to provide a compassionate guest experience, at all times, for all families requiring our support.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The Family Services Associate should be adaptable and feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse backgrounds. The Family Services Associate is involved in family services and also serves as a resource to families, social workers, hospital staff, co-workers. The candidate must exude a caring, positive attitude and be a team player willing to help wherever needed.
Successful candidates must provide a current and satisfactory (less than 3 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and clear Child Abuse Registry Check with Vulnerable Sector search. We ask that you apply for record checks when applying for the position to streamline the process. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as per Manitoba Public Health).
- Assist and support guest families
- Assist with House programming
- Manage family services (policies and procedures)
- Ensure COVID-19 screening and protocols are followed
- Tracking of invoices and payments for third-party room payment authorizations
- Support housekeeping team
- Engage and motivate Family Services volunteers
- Support family-based programming
- Provide House tours to families, when volunteer is unavailable
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Energetic person with proven skills in customer service and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Computer skills with some proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to climb stairs
- Experience in the hospitality sector an asset
Salary Range: $30,000 - $45,000 annually
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter by October 17th and provide your personal contact information to:
Patricia Battellino, Senior Family Services Manager, Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba 62 Juno Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1H9
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Manitoba. All qualified applicants will be considered. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3A 1H9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-17