Truck and Coach Technician
Maxim Truck & Trailer
125 Conservation Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6T8
Tired of expensive city living and want to spend more time outdoors? Come to Thunder Bay, Ontario! Located in North-Western Ontario on Lake Superior, Thunder Bay has access to all the amenities you could need in a city while being a quick drive to the great outdoors!
If you are interested in making the move to Thunder Bay, ask us about our Relocation Assistance program!
Maxim is currently seeking a Truck and Coach Technician for our Thunder Bay Location. The successful candidate will work independently to complete the diagnostics, service and repair of heavy trucks and trailers. This is a great opportunity to offer outstanding customer satisfaction while working as a valuable member of Maxim’s prospering team!
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM; plus on call rotation for 1 week approximately once every 3 weeks
- Complete thorough and quality diagnostic, service and repair of heavy duty trucks and trailers
- Identify potential and future problems
- Make recommendations on repairs or replacement parts
- Update the Service Manager on completion time changes
- Road test the unit to ensure quality of work completed
- Document repairs, parts, or problems encountered during repair process on repair order
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- 4th Year Heavy Duty Apprentice or licensed technician
- Safety Inspections Certificate an asset and may become required
- Valid Class 1 with Air Driver's License an asset (for road tests)
- Interest in continually upgrading skills and knowledge in trade
- Team player with strong commitment to the customer
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn in-house programs
- Can lift 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks
- Familiar with the tools of the trade and personally equipped with adequate supply of hand tools
- Competitive hourly wage
- On call premium
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Group benefits including health, dental & vision
- Apprenticeship assistance plan
- Referral bonuses
- Ongoing manufacturer’s training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Boot & tool allowance
- Tool insurance
- Free parking
More About Us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full-service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with 500 employees in business for over 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team?
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- This position is in Thunder Bay, ON, do you plan on moving here before starting work?
Work Location: In person