As a Senior Account Manager, working with the Risk Consultants and under the direction of the Service Supervisor you will help plan, lead and guide the renewal and servicing of accounts to contribute to the continued growth and retention of the branch book of business. You will ensure compliance with all operational rules and procedures and act as a “go to” contact for customers and service team members. You are responsible for maintaining positive and proactive customer communication at all times while performing all renewal activities for the assigned customers (Book of Business) and provide oversight, guidance and mentorship to the rest of the service team and their assignments.
- Maintain a positive and proactive working relationship with keep stakeholders in the renewal system, and
- Follow all CMB procedures, forms, checklists and workbooks as outline in the CMB Renewal System;
- Pre-renewal activities, customer updates, marketing and renewal presentations must be completed on time as per company policy;
- Cross-sell or up-sell other products and services the brokerage offers to new and existing clients;
- Coverage review checklists must be performed on an annual bases as per the CMB Renewal System;
- Build marketing relationships with CMB designated underwriters, maintain a positive and proactive relationship with underwriting, always putting the client’s needs first.
- Be familiar with and follow company policies and procedures as established (Employee Handbook, Renewal Procedure, Claims Procedures, Collections and AR Procedures, etc.) and,
- Respond to and address all client inquiries and requests in a timely manner;
- Control and collect deposit premiums, premiums, and finance deposits and contracts on behalf of the brokerage;
- Control and collect all outstanding underwriting requests from customers;
- Obtain and share underwriting information required;
- Maintain, update, and organize all data including, electronic & paper filing systems utilized by the department/organization;
- Prepare customer account reconciliations for accounting inquiries;
- Provide clear instructions to BSA and team for all transactions;
- Request cancellation on all overdue/unpaid accounts;
- Provide customer visits on your top 20 customers.
- Report any problems on potential lost accounts before occurrence to the Service Supervisor;
- Report all potential bad debts immediately to the Service Supervisor;
- Take all steps to prevent Errors & Omissions, and report any potential E&O to the Customer Care Supervisor;
- Supervise and check the processing of the Client Service Representatives and Account Managers to ensure accuracy;
- Mentor and provide training assistance to department Client Service Representatives
- Lead, attend & participate in weekly Team L10 meetings, general staff meetings, company functions, and attended Chamber of Commerce Events or other industry events;
- Abide by and adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual;
- Utilize the Agency Manager, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, ISNet World programs;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Level 2 Insurance License Required
- Member of or currently working towards the C.I.P. or CAIB designation
- Minimum 3 years medium to large commercial insurance experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in a team environment in a customer service position
- experience with Agency Manager, Microsoft Office Suite or comparable computer systems
This job operates in a professional office environment. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you hold a Alberta Level 2 Insurance License?
- How many years experience do you have in medium to large commercial insurance?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person