Are you interested in joining in and leading a care team as Director of Care? If you interested in Creating Joy in Life and Aging....by Caring, Connecting and Celebrating, then we are excited to hear from you!
Silverstone Care Centre is a brand new, beautiful, long term care home that has lots of natural light, very cozy surroundings and lovely views of the ocean. We are close to the downtown shops and services in Sechelt with a transit bus stop just steps from our front door. Silverstone is the newest home in the Trellis family with other homes located in North Vancouver and Kamloops. Find us facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Gemstonecarecentre/ and https://www.facebook.com/creekstonecarecentre/ .
As Director of Care you are an expert clinician and promote evidence-based best practices in gerontological nursing and services by embracing person and family-centered care. As an experienced manager, you are able to respond to multiple priorities including the complex care needs of residents, in alignment with our five cultural pillars: Person and Family-Centred Care, Safety as a Priority, Quality and Innovation, A Great Place to Work, and Sustainability. You will work closely with the leadership team including the General Manager and the Director of Clinical Practice and Safety in order to:
- Deliver high quality care services to achieve company targets for Resident and Employee Satisfaction and for exemplary recognition by Accreditation Canada;
- Manage services for compliance with policies and applicable legislation;
- Promote a safe and healthy workplace with professionalism, kindness and respect.
- Hire, train and manage performance to grow a dynamic quality team.
- Collaborate with residents, families and the multidisciplinary team to customize care plans and services
- Pursue Safety as a Priority through monitoring, support and improvements.
- Respond to emergencies, as needed, including attendance on-site after hours if required.
- Manage all care-related service costs, including labour costs, for safety and to budget.
- Manage and report regularly on risks and indicators including census, audits and related action(s).
How you will know you are successful as Director of Care?
Key indicators of performance include but are not limited to:
- Strong satisfaction survey results from Residents and Care Team (including Students);
- Compliance with staffing (DCH) and service levels (occupancy) per Health Authority contract;
- Low risk rating by each of Licensing and WorkSafe BC;
- Achievement of exemplary standing with Accreditation Canada (or equivalent); and
- Ongoing monitoring of improvements (QIPs)
As the ideal candidate, you are aligned with our values and have exceptional communication skills. In addition, your interests, skills and education include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ nursing experience in long-term care with nursing leadership or supervisory roles as an asset;
- Current Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives;
- Advanced skills in resident assessment, critical thinking, and clinical decision making;
- Experience with Point Click Care and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- Experience with education tools including e-learning platforms is an asset
- Strong verbal communication, interpersonal and problem solving abilities including time management and the ability to speak, write and read text in English; and
- Good health and physically able to perform the duties of the role.
- A vision and sees the opportunity to make a difference in long term care.
Why you should become a part of the Silverstone family?
- We offer meaningful ways to make a difference: Creating joy in life and aging…by caring, connecting and celebrating;
- We are passionate about our values and live them daily;
- Our workplace is highly engaged, respectful, and team oriented; and
- We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Only applicants moving onto the interview stages will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Silverstone Care Centre.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Share what your interest is in leading the Team at Silverstone Care Centre
- Seniors Long term care: 5 years (required)
- Point Click Care: 2 years (required)
- leading large teams: 3 years (required)
- Human resources management: 3 years (required)
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Sechelt, BC V7Z0S4: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person