Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and manufacture beverages! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company HQ is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – plus we have two other brewing locations (Winnipeg MB and Warroad MN) and soon to be a third! Be sure to check us out at www.lowbrewco.com for more information.
Do you have a strong accounting background? Are you solutions focused and analytical by nature? Do your strengths include accuracy and attention to detail? Are you growth-oriented and want to work for an exciting, fun and eclectic company in a growth industry? If you answered "Yes", then keep on reading as we have the perfect position for you!
What this Job Entails:
The Finance Controller position is a full-time position. You are a key member of the associate team at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company and as such the ideal candidate is eager to grow with the company, making investment both personally and professionally. The Finance Controller is responsible for reconciling bank accounts, remitting EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) files, and setting up banking information for vendors. Additionally, monthly preparation of government tax remittances, service contract remittances, and other accounting-related duties are also necessary. Reports to the President/CEO.
- Oversee all accounting and financial functions.
- Interact daily with Executive Management on business matters.
- Ensure all accounting transactions are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage general ledger accounts.
- Prepare working papers for year-end by an external accountant.
- Preparation of month-end financial statements, quarter-end, year-end reconciliations and reports.
- Ensure payment to vendors, suppliers and employees are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected on a timely basis.
- Provide financial reporting to management and owners.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations.
- Preparation of bi-weekly payroll.
- Working with an external payroll processor, and ensuring remittance of all applicable payroll, health taxes.
- Support all office, plant, or retail team members in thorough financial training and mentoring as and when necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in full-cycle accounting is required.
- CPA designation a plus, however nothing beats experience 5 years + (preference for accounting with hospitality and breweries but not a must).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders, and possess an ability to work within a tight-knit team is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Capacity to manage a variable workload effectively with proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid people management skills and ability to mentor.
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Apply by September 30, 2023.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Starting salary is commensurate with experience, excellent remuneration package.
- Able to be eligible for benefits and matching RSP contribution plan after 3 months probation completed.
We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-09-30