What you will do:
A lucrative career awaits you, we offer a base salary plus commissions. Our Sales Executives are entrepreneurial spirits with goal-oriented mindsets. Building a book of business within the walls of Rome, our Sales Executives prospect businesses throughout North America to determine their shipping needs, while making meaningful connections and providing top-rate customer service. The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented problem solver, who enjoys negotiating and thrives in fast-paced, team environments. With unlimited earning potential to keep them engaged and motivated - the sky is truly the limit for our Sales Executives!
Get to Know Us:
Founded in 2000, Rome is a third-party logistics (3PL) company that provides customized solutions to help companies and carriers optimize their supply chain operations and dramatically improve service, rates, and speed to market. With offices in Kitchener, London, Toronto, Pickering, and Winnipeg, we are currently undergoing rapid growth and the opportunities to expand your career at Rome are limitless. And at Rome, our success is the success of the people around us and our culture is what makes Rome a fun and rewarding place to show up every day. You will work on a small and collaborative team whose main goals are to grow and have fun. You’ll have the support of your team lead, as well as the rest of your team to help you reach your full potential.
This is an in office position. Monday - Friday, 8AM-5PM
- Develop and manage your own book of business through business to business cold calling
- Follow up with new and existing clients to provide freight solutions and close deals
- Prospecting for new business
- Negotiate rates with freight carriers
- Coordinating with Account Managers and Logistics Coordinators to ensure client needs and expectations are met
- Post secondary schooling in relevant field or relatable industry experience
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word
- Keen attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Has a drive, go-getter attitude
- Unlimited earning potential with uncapped commission
- A small, supportive team environment
- Competitive bonus structure
- Comprehensive benefits plan/GRRSP contribution match
- Career growth opportunities with Leader in Training programs, including extensive training for new managers
- Paid vacation and personal time off
- Quarterly social events (BBQ's, Jays games, etc)
- Professional development opportunities
- Certified as one of the top 50 Best Workplaces™ in Canada for 2022!
- Healthy work-life balance
- Company culture that fosters genuine camaraderie
Rome Logistics Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility for Manitobans Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Rome Logistics Group is an equal opportunity employer.