Here at GroupStrength Benefits Direct, a valued partner of GroupHEALTH, we are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the team in-office in Winnipeg, MB. This role is responsible for delivering a WOW experience to staff and clients through providing friendly, courteous and timely interactions. Attention to detail and going the extra mile is a must!!! The Office Coordinator takes pride in a clean, organized and welcoming office. No task is too small for this highly detail-oriented person.
Within 30 days:
- Proficient in general reception duties, including phones, couriers, office supplies and meeting set-up
- General understanding of sales tasks, including generating and emailing activity reports, assigning leads to our team of advisors, Pipedrive account setup, and managing calendars
Within 60 days:
- Work with GroupHEALTH IT department to coordinate set up of new hires, troubleshoot issues for existing staff, and IT maintenance and equipment ordering as required
- Confident in assigning leads to our team of sales advisors
Assign NBD Leads
- Assign leads to advisors, taking into account the province, time zone, calendar availability and criteria outlined by management
- Verify data in Pipedrive is correct, check for duplicate accounts, and update fields as necessary
- Generate meeting requests for prospects and add appointments to advisors’ calendars as required
- Communicate with the NBD team at GroupHEALTH for clarification/confirmation when questions arise relating to leads/appointments
- Maintain adequate stock levels of stationery and supplies
- Order supplies online from Staples or Amazon as required (stationery, cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies, etc.)
- Book courier pickups and deliveries though Purolator/GhostRider as requested by reps
- Package up all outgoing courier shipments
- Receive packages from couriers
- Check mail on a regular basis and distribute letters/packages to staff as the arrive
- Answering phones & greeting guests
- Other administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Send client survey responses out staff
- Working on spreadsheets
- Updating data fields in Pipedrive
- Generate and email reports to different groups on a daily/weekly basis
- Act as a back-up contact for the Operations Lead for dealing with the property managers, cleaners, and alarm company for issues when required
- Ensure office cleanliness and organization is maintained
- Ensure all equipment is onsite and working for new employees (computer, phone, key card, etc)
- Orientation of new staff on their first day
- Tour of the office
- Assist new staff with getting logged into their workstation and up and running on the phone system and alarm app
- Troubleshoot IT related issues (computers, phones, TVs, etc.) and submit Helpdesk tickets for GSBD staff when assistance from the IT team is required
- Coordinate with IT to troubleshoot issues and ensure Helpdesk tickets are dealt with in a timely manner
- Administrator for office phone system
- Ensure information is up to date on the Admin portal and contact phone service provider for support
- Other tasks / assignments as required
Education & Experience
- 1+ years' experience working in an office setting with similar responsibilities is an asset.
- Intermediate experience and knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- You are client centric, and enjoy working with people.
Why Join Us?
- Career development - opportunity to learn and gain knowledge within the Employee Benefits and Insurance industry
- We pride ourselves on our team culture! You will be joining a team of individuals who are here to support one another (and sometimes become competitive over a game of ping-pong during lunch)
- Beautiful office in Winnipeg's Exchange District
- We are a dynamic, fast-paced and supportive team