This position is responsible for helping the lead installer with the delivery and installation of countertops to client homes. Secondarily, this position works as a shop helper within a laminate shop.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport countertops to specified job sites
- Help to install countertops efficiently and professionally
- Make sure that all tools, glues, and fixtures are ready and available for lead installer
- Work professionally within the home, ensuring that things are cleaned after install
- Provide the customer with a great service experience
- Work in the laminate shop as required to help produce countertops
- Work in a safe manner that complies with all safety guidelines
- Contribute to team effort and complete other duties as required or assigned.
- Experience and knowledge in construction and/or countertop production industry an asset
- Experience in installations an asset
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to learn and retain information, multi-task and work under pressure in a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs +.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Clean criminal record is required
Why work for Colonial?
We take pride in a work environment that’s inclusive, and team oriented.
- Extended Health and Benefits package after 3 months of full-time employment
- RRSP program where we will match a portion of your contributions
- family and employee assistant programs
- competitive wages
- casual attire
- opportunity for growth within our organization.
Colonial Countertops fosters a safe work environment for each and every employee. We value all our employees and their families.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
As per health authority guidelines from the provincial and federal government.
- Installation: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person