Manluk Industries Inc. is a progressive manufacturer of high-quality wear resistant components for the petroleum and mining industries. State-of-the-art production equipment and technology has made the company one of the largest of its kind in North America.
Now Accepting Applications For the following Position:
- Journeyman Millwright – Lead Hand - Mining Shop
Preferred is candidate with Journeyman Certificate, however, will consider years of equivalent experience and willing to train suitable candidate with potential of apprenticeship.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces, and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Maintain and clean all tools, equipment, and work area on a regular basis.
- Provide necessary training to all production personnel, ensuring competence in day-to-day duties as it relates to safety, quality, production, and equipment operation.
- Monitor shift personnel activities and enforce as it relates to company policy and
- Demonstrate equipment operations or work procedures to new employees or assign new employees to experienced workers for training.
- Monitor employee breaks.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings regularly, document shift meetings.
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Interest in building and repairing a variety of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of computerized machinery
- Ability to read blueprints and technical specifications.
- Experience in a manufacturing shop or setting would be an asset.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work all shift work and overtime as required.
*Benefits offered to all employees;
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Group RRSP Program
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
WAGES TO COMMENSURATE ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$55.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 37.5 per week
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 2J4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Millwright: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person