Are you a skilled editor who loves storytelling? Are you comfortable editing in multiple narrative formats - from animatics to animation, documentary, and more?
Wind Sun Sky Entertainment is looking for an editor to join our team and see each project through the storyboard phase to final delivery. You will be responsible for assembling all picture and audio elements to tell the story and work on multiple platforms, using graphics, AfterEffects and other tools.
What You Will Do:
- Organize all incoming content and source material for editorial purposes.
- Insert and edit together Video/Audio elements under the supervision of the Senior Editor.
- Maintain an organized and up to date Adobe Premiere project as per the project’s requirements.
- Adhere to digital file management and organization protocols.
- Work with the Senior Editor, Story Board Artists and Director in a collaborative and team focused way. Address notes from Senior Editor and Director in an efficient and organized manner.
- Deliver assignments per the project’s schedule.
- Align with and engage with the values of a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
What You Will Bring:
- An advanced working knowledge of Adobe Premiere required.
- A degree and/or diploma from film school or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional film/television environment preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience working as an editor on animated content preferred.
- Familiarity with ShotGrid as a tracking a filing system is preferred.
- Prior experience using Final Cut, After Effects and/or Photoshop is an asset.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude, especially under pressure.
- Ability to receive feedback and meet deadlines and production objectives.
- Able to communicate efficiently, concisely and confidently.
- Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
What’s In It for You:
- Work alongside storytellers, makers, and innovators as part of one of Vancouver’s leading multi-platform entertainment studios.
- An amazing opportunity to build experience in all areas of cross-platform media and animation production.
- Includes extended health care (dental, vision, etc.).
- Enjoy a fun, dynamic, fast paced environment with a great culture.
How To Join Our Team:
This position will be based on-site at our Vancouver studio. Current BC residents a must; must be a Canadian resident to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ABOUT WIND SUN SKY ENTERTAINMENT:
Wind Sun Sky Entertainment (WSS) is a Canadian multimedia company led by former LucasFilm executive, Catherine Winder (Invincible, The Angry Birds Movie 1 & 2, Star Wars: The Clone Wars). Based in Vancouver, WSS works at the intersection of storytelling and technology to build franchises for the global marketplace, producing in all mediums including interactive, film, series (live action and animation), Roblox and mobile apps. To expand its’ media footprint and content offerings, WSS partnered with Productivity Media co-producer and financier of high-quality original film and TV content for the family and the adult market.
In partnership with Skybound Entertainment, WSS produced the global hit series Invincible, an animated dramatic adaptation of Robert Kirkman's comic book for Amazon Prime. WSS recently produced the adult comedy animated series Psi Cops for Adult Swim Canada in partnership with OddFellows Entertainment with Skybound Galactic distributing. Continuing its’ legacy of producing adult animation, the studio has a diverse rich slate of comedic and dramatic shows in development. In the kids’ space, WSS is adapting the hit Roblox game Twighlight Daycare (1.5B+ Plays) into an innovative scripted series produced in the Roblox platform. It launched Camp Bonkers, an original first of its kind multi-platform property that includes a Roblox Game, an app, a kids' variety show. Pioneering, WSS adapted the musical mobile game My Singing Monsters producing the first of its kind live interactive animated show My Singing Monsters Fandemonium. For HEXBUG, WSS adapted their award winning toyline, JunkBots into a web series and Roblox game. They are currently co-creating a groundbreaking multi-platform digital universe for kids called the Potatoverse led by the animated eco-hero, “Future Chicken” which is set to launch in September 2023. To learn more about Wind Sun Sky Entertainment go to https://windsunsky.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Optional mask wearing in the office.
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-26