Our Sales Development Rep. will be reporting directly to our Sales Manager. Your primary responsibility will consist of outbound sales activities, while collaborating with our customer service teams. Your duties may also include providing customer service to in-store and call-in customers, order entry, and following-up on orders. You are a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible individual who wants to work with our Team.
Our Sales Associates deliver world-class customer service to all customers by understanding their needs and providing the products that fit the job. You will be advising our valued customers by providing accurate information on cargo equipment and related flatbed trucking supplies and services.
Our ideal candidate is someone that possesses excellent problem-solving skills, is an outstanding communicator and has technical knowledge and expertise. You have proven yourself to be able to work independently with minimal direction and you also have the ability to contribute to a collaborative work environment. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is driven to be successful. Strong computer skills are necessary to succeed in this position and prior outbound sales experience is a must. Having a friendly and genuinely helpful demeanor, being attentive to detail, being an effective multi-tasker and willing to learn all aspects of the business in the shortest possible time, are all desired characteristics for the successful candidate.
Why Verduyn Tarps?
- Comprehensive retirement & benefits plan
- Education and career development support
- Positive work culture and environment
- Fun team environment with family-like atmosphere
- Empowering culture supportive of career goals
- Lead generation
- On-boarding new clients
- Make outbound calls to our existing customer base as well as cold-calling new opportunities.
- Update and maintain CRM with sales activity results.
- Responsible for order entry, managing the order process
- Respond to requests for orders, product information, estimates, and lead times, etc.
- Provide exemplary customer service and work closely with customers (via telephone, email/fax/text)
- Follow up on quotes and inquiries.
- Filing invoices, packing slips and work orders
- Solve challenges creatively and positively.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency with Punjabi/Hindi languages a strongly desired asset
- Proven outbound sales experience with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word & Excel, experience with using accounting software (Knowledge of Sage Accounting software would be a valued asset)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including spelling and math.
- Shows strong initiative and is motivated to increase sales production.
- Willing to learn new skills and technical information
- Prompt, reliable, and responsible
- Ability to problem solve as issues arise
- Technical knowledge and expertise in the trucking industry would be an advantage
About Verduyn Tarps
We were founded in 1986 on the principles of quality, honesty, and service, and to this day, Verduyn Tarps is dedicated to delivering the highest quality products for an honest price while providing outstanding customer service.
As a company, we believe in, and are committed to, continuous improvement. We believe that this applies to the development of our products and services, as well as our people. This has made Verduyn Tarps a leader in tarping system technologies, and a great place to work.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact our Hiring Manager Danielle @ 905-578-3677 x 109
Verduyn Tarps Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8E 2W2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- sales: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-12-04