New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader with various locations in North America. Offering the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions.
As a member of the Corrosion team this position is responsible for sand blasting, washing, prepping, and painting the frame of the bus, as well as cleaning the surface of the frame with high pressure air lines.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works from blueprints and process sheets/instructions to prepare the bus frame to be blasted.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Adheres to safety procedures as they apply to all equipment used in this position with special attention to working at heights, confined spaces and working with abrasives which quickly wear down equipment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Possess a basic understanding about the surface preparation process,
- Ability to recognize and assess pre-blasted surfaces while reading blueprints/process sheets.
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to perform required duties with minimal supervision.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.carfaircomposites.comand www.nfi.parts.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $31.78 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a minimum of 1 year experience sand blasting and preparing metal for painting?
- sand blasting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person