1. Interview, hire, train, conduct performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
3. Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including mall, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
4. Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze date and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
5. Distribute and delegate workload to guarantee maximum and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
6. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and WHIMIS.
7. Be responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms ensuring thorough inspections.
8. Plan, organize and keep an accurate record by room/area of all deep cleaning carried out to ensure maximum cleanliness and logical work patterns.
9. Responsible for the efficient running of the laundry and cost-effective use of all linen/terry within the property taking inventory on a regular basis and investigating stack losses.
10. Responsible for the handling of all guest laundry and handling of lest and found items.
11. Liaise with Guest Services and Maintenance regarding readiness of rooms with attention to guests’ special requirements and VIP rooms.
12. Liaise with the General Manager regarding use of outside contractors for deep cleaning duties, ensuring work is checked and standards achieved.
13. Ensure hotel exterior, mall & guest floor corridors, staff areas and public areas are cleaned and maintained.
14. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of housekeeping forms/reports.
15. Plan and conduct staff meeting. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
16. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
17. Communicate both verbally and written to provide clear direction to staff.
18. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
19. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in hotel management is preferred.
- One year experience in a hotel setting or similar setting.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package. Join our team of dedicated professionals committed to providing exceptional cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience in housekeeping management.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person