PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICAL &CONTROLS- YOUR TOP CHOICE ELECTRICIANS ” We Light Up Your Life.
Come Join the TEAM !!!
PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICAL & CONTROLS has served the Edmonton Metropolitan region for over 30 years. We have hundreds of satisfied customers. Our electricians have completed thousands of 100% satisfaction guaranteed electrical service calls. Our promise as an electrical services company in the neighborhood is to build community value into every project while delivering quality, professional expertise, and exceptional customer service in the Edmonton and area metropolitan area.
We thrive in performing electrical services in all aspects of electrical service work that includes residential, commercial, renovation projects and emergency call out situations where we are available 24/7, 365 days a year!.
DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY WITH RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SERVICES AND PASSION FOR DOING SERVICE CALLS ARE KEY COMPONENTS IN THIS POSITION.
Currently, we are currently seeking an experienced service technician who will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the electrical systems in both residential and commercial settings- from a service perspective. This includes installing and maintaining wiring, control and lighting systems as well as inspecting electrical components such as transformers and circuit breakers.
Our technicians will primarily respond to service calls. “ No two days are the same”. Planned maintenance and inspections are included in the duties performed.
3 to 5 years of electrical experience either as a ticketed electrician is the preferred experience requirements to be successful in this position, however we will consider 3Rd and 4th year electrical apprentices who want to thrive in the service environment.
Join us and become part of the team. You’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives.
You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to customers as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return for your efforts, We’ll reward all your hard work with a starting hourly wage of $35 an hour and a company van to use during your shift that is your office while responding to client calls.
Your Day to day responsibilities:
- Providing quality electrical customer service to clients by expertly meeting customer needs relating to electrical expertise.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying where required all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment related to residential, commercial renovation and emergency situations environments.
- Establishing a rapport with the clients to provide the proper service “ Do the Job right the First time” and create the environment that sets the tone for repeat business.
- Following all company rules and regulations pertaining to safety and safe operation of company vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman electrical ticket or 2nd / 3rd / 4th year electrical apprentice.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in the electrical trade that includes being current on current building codes and electrical regulations.
- Demonstrated passion and interest for conducting service work and dealing with home and commercial building owners.
- Demonstrated ability to working safe and also working alone while representing company interests.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with advanced technical troubleshooting skillsets.
- Proficient with operating computer systems and related apps for logging time and billing.
- Valid class 5 Non GDL operator’s license and reliable transportation to arrive at the office.
- Valid Police security clearance or ability to obtain.
- Work overtime as required for operational purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Climbing as required, heavy lifting, ladder work and moving in tight spaces is required from time to time.
- Walking, moving, bending, stretching are part of a normal work day.
- Working in both an indoor and outdoor environment as well as in cramped work places such as crawl spaces under the floors.
- Exposure to both hot and cold climate temperatures.
- Will be in proximity to hazardous conditions, equipment and situations.
- Working with sharp tools and electricity that could potentially produce cuts or burns is not working in a safe manner.
- Wearing required PPE.
· Will be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are uncomfortable and distracting.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol and physical demands testing may be a requirement of the position.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $20.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Journeyman Electrician: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person