IMS, Innovative Manufacturing Source Inc. is a full service, Electronics Contract Manufacturer located in Calgary Alberta in the Foothills Industrial Park. We have an opening in our Final Assembly Department for the evening shift.
At IMS, we have a diverse service offering that places the customer at the center of our operations; no two customers are the same and we understand there are unique requirements that need to be addressed. Our experienced, knowledgeable and dedicated team works with you from start to finish, ensuring an efficient, in-house experience.
We have a diverse client base in industries such as Marine, Military, Transportation, Petroleum, Security, Telecommunications and Transportation. Through our vertically integrated business model we assume greater control of the production process throughout the supply chain by simultaneously allowing for greater access to and control of inputs.
To bring inspiration and innovation to every product we build, moving our customers towards success!
IMS is continuously looking to build its team with dynamic, dedicated, knowledgeable team members. Our diverse and inclusive work environment offers a great work culture that our staff are proud to be a part of!
The successful candidate will have intermediate skills in soldering of SMT and Thru Hole parts, the ability to prep electronic parts for soldering by hand, ability or willingness to learn and operate machinery such as the Wave machine and robotic soldering arm, along with some soldering of electronic parts onto circuit boards. There will be an opportunity to learn a variety of machines to operate to further your skill set and knowledge in this area.
Note: For the right candidate with no experience, full training will be provided.
DAY SHIFT: Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. There are 2 paid 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch break during the shift)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to
- Basic to Intermediate level soldering skills of TH parts onto circuit boards
- IPC certification or knowledge of IPC standards an asset
- Reading Manufacturing Instructions (M.I.s) and Bills of Material to populate and solder parts onto printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Part preparation, hand forming or using Part Prep Machines as needed for specific parts
- Populating boards prior to selective waving according to M.I.
- Mainly operation of Wave Solder Robotic Arm Machines, but some part prep using appropriate machines, depanelizing machined and other machines provided by IMS
- Responsible for 100% inspection of board pre-oven and post-oven
- Read and update Manufacturing Instructions and fill out paperwork as needed
- Maintain the general organization and cleanliness of your work station and department
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluent English
- Understand and differentiate polarity markings on all electronic parts and resistor color codes
- Basic computer skills
- Must have excellent attention to details and be able to read small, fine print
- Basic to Intermediate Soldering technique (testing will be required at interview)
- Be able to sit or stand for long periods of time focusing on electronic parts while populating and soldering of circuit boards or operation of machines
- Excellent vision
- Excellent communication and organizational skill, works effectively and efficiently within a group or independently
- Past experience is a must
- Team player with a positive attitude, excellent attendance record and a willingness to go above and beyond when needed
Job Type : Full-time
Salary: Based on experience, determined at interview and skill assessment test between $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Expected start date: 2023-10-10
Vacation, Statutory Holidays and Birthday:
- 80 hours (2 weeks) holidays yearly
- A paid week off at Christmas with the shut down (covered by Statutory holidays and pay by IMS)
- A paid Birthday off in the month of your birthday
- All statutory holidays even when they don't fall on your regularly scheduled work day
After 90 days of successful completion of the probationary period, full benefits package offered with health, dental, vision, extended health care, paramedical, health spending account, employee assistance program, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
To note: Due to the location of this business, the successful candidate must have their own transportation or the ability to use public transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
IMS follows all City, Provincial and Federal Guidelines for COVID-19 protocols
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2C 2V5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- electronics soldering: 1 year (preferred)
- soldering: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02