RS Integrated Supply is a rapidly growing leader and global provider of comprehensive supply chain services that drive increased productivity and profitability for our clients, including Supply Chain Services, Asset Services, Master Data Leadership SM and Technology. We currently deliver our highly focused expertise through integration at more than 220 customer sites across the North America, Europe, and Singapore.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The expeditor has a prime responsibility to provide support to our customers in relation to day-to-day MRO products and services. Utilizing the customer and Synovos ERP systems, this role will recommend, source, procure, expedite and provide technical assistance for Synovos’ core products & services.
Site Location: North York, ON M2R 3T4, Canada
- Expedite assigned purchase orders to ensure all requirements specified in the purchase order are accomplished regarding data supply, timely inspections, and on-time delivery.
- Facilitate the timely flow of information and services to and from Suppliers, Site Managers, vendors, and Central Procurement
- Review purchase orders for terms and conditions regarding materials procured.
- Manage any delivery inconsistencies or delays and alert management.
- Deal directly with vendors to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods to appropriate locations.
- Input information into Sync or other required system(s) to log purchase order history from inception.
- Review inspection reports for potential problems and further actions
- Find cost savings through sourcing of both National and International suppliers, manufactures, and distributors, renegotiating terms, negotiating guarantees of stock items on a regular basis.
- Exceed contranatural guaranteed savings requirements by achieving savings opportunities either inside or outside of Canada through pricing as well as by improving profitability for our clients.
- Delivery of customer contractual commitments
- Find and cost savings through sourcing of both National and International new suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors; renegotiating terms; and/or negotiating guarantees of stock items on a regular basis.
- Exceed contractual guaranteed savings requirements by achieving savings opportunities either inside or outside Canada through pricing as well as by improving profitability for our clients using the Shared Savings, Data Analysis, or other savings reports.
- Adhere to min/max levels as required at specific sites, making recommendations as needed. Manage inventory according to KPI’s; calculating turn rates to achieve site specific goals.
- Work with Site Manager to streamline processes and implement continuous improvements, documenting any changes into the RS operating system, client’s procedures and/or site SOP.
- Sourcing of products
- Responding to customer inquiries regarding company products and services
- Checks the availability of stock.
- Placing and expediting purchase orders for stock and non-stock items
- Complete and monitor reports including procurement and supplier performance metrics.
- Participates in special projects as directed, to include process improvement teams.
- Manage identification, sourcing, and procurement of MRO requirements (Core product areas) on behalf of the customer.
- Identify, implement, and manage opportunities for Continuous Improvement by collaborating with customer engineering, purchasing and production teams.
- Provide IDR support.
- Use the Preferred Supplier Program and approved suppliers to ensure delivery of cost savings and manage the supplier relationship to deliver highest levels of service and availability.
- Expedite and manage new orders and the outstanding orders to achieve delivery performance to the agreed due date. Ensure regular communication as required with customer stakeholders.
- Monitor, be responsible for and promote health and safety within the site operation, always ensuring adherence to RS Integrated Supply and the Customer’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Two-year degree or four-year college Engineering degree is preferred. Experience on the job in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant business experience and exposure to MRO product sourcing.
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Meticulous and well-organized
- Strong computer literacy skills – Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Inventory Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Knowledge of industrial consumables/MRO market and products and their applications
- Strong sales and customer relationship development skills
- Negotiation skills at multiple levels within the customer and the supplier organizations
- Recording and maximising cost savings to mutual benefit
- Ability to prepare and deliver basic reports to illustrate evolution of customer specific KPI’s.
- Embrace RS Integrated Supply’s initiatives and assist with the change management process when needed.
- Ability to work within projects that result in new business opportunities and/or increase customer retention.