PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Senior procurement individual who takes the lead role in sourcing, supplier evaluation and contract negotiations to ensure MacDon has the most competitive pricing and quality supply.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Lead role in sourcing, supplier evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management and commodity strategies that leverage spend with a focus on TCO.
- Identifies sustainable cost reduction opportunities by benchmarking, review of commodity market trends, supplier capacity analysis, supplier product / process improvements and implementation of new technologies that support our brand and results in procurement being a competitive advantage.
- Conduct commodity benchmarking via thorough understanding of benchmarking data and key commodity cost drivers. Lead “knowledge-based negotiations” in the execution of Long-Term Agreements and contracts.
- Works Closely with Sourcing Manager and Supplier Approval Board to ensure partnering with quality suppliers that are capable of meeting MacDon’s quality expectations.
- Tracks and communicates commodity industry trends, competitive strategies, economic factors, and opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to Supplier Price Increase Request Procedure to help mitigate negative PPV and maximize net supplier cost reductions.
- Contribute to the team meeting or exceeding purchasing waste elimination and PO-to-PO savings.
- Develops “should cost” models to understand costs as a means of identifying and driving cost reduction opportunities that ensure cost competitiveness.
- Identifies and manages supplier risk through alternate strategies.
- Obtains competitive price quotes, assists with the preparation and implementation of formal bids.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to achieve continuous improvement targets.
- Acts as a liaison between Sourcing and New Product Development Engineering group for assigned projects by attending scheduled meetings and providing feedback on suppliers, market trends and potential supply chain challenges. Ensure supplier on-time support of product launches and timely ECN/Rev A submissions
- Uses the PPV report to identify variances for timely resolution.
- Supplier development and quality management with supplier quality group.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sourcing Manager.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering.
- Five years of procurement experience in manufacturing industry.
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven results in sustainable supplier cost reductions.
- Demonstrated excellence in supplier negotiation skills with experience in total cost analysis and possessing a firm grasp of finance principles. Excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Candidate should be able to employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills while making decisions based on multiple options and decisively determine the right course of action.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be an innovative self-starter, detail-oriented and be able to work independently and as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Ability to organize and present data logically to support a sourcing strategy and Supplier development experience.
- Highly effective at communicating commodity strategies.
- Results-oriented with ability to effect changes through the power of influence.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems, proficiency with Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person