Orium is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team who will be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of software projects. Reporting to our Director, PMO, you’ll work closely with our cross-functional delivery teams to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our clients. You’ll provide overall project governance, facilitate the overall project process, and provide guidance and support to the team to ensure the efficient and effective execution of delivery projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in nuanced Agile project delivery and experience navigating internal and external stakeholders through unexpected challenges and ambiguities that may require creative solutions to deliver the project successfully.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
As a Technical Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for drawing upon the talents and perspectives of our teams to support the delivery of eCommerce and retail technology projects, creating next-generation omnichannel experiences. We want our clients and teams to succeed, and this role is integral to making that happen. You’ll stay on top of project success factors, collaborate with our internal multidisciplinary teams, track/report on scope, schedule, risk, and dependencies on various projects. In addition, you’ll be accountable for ensuring teams deliver demonstrable value and velocity on every iteration.
You'll find fulfillment in this role if you:
- Are results-oriented and laser-focused on delivering business value early and often. You know that successful outcomes outweigh dogmatic processes.
- Have a data-driven mindset, with experience in managing project budgets, scope changes and tracking project health and performance metrics.
- Always look at how the team can get faster, tighter, and strongerusing Agile methodologies, frameworks and best practices for delivering successful projects by helping teams improve. You’ll encourage teams to self-manage through coaching and facilitation, ensuring high levels of collaboration.
- Have strong leadership and communication skills to guide project teams toward achieving their goals and a positive outcome overall.
- Have consulting expertise to be able to navigate sometimes challenging but important conversations with stakeholders around project status, timeline and scope.
- Have a data-driven mindset, proactively leverage delivery metrics, risk reporting, team health, project milestones and client satisfaction to resolve and escalate risk.
- Champion projects from initiation to completion. Align with internal and external stakeholders and gain the resources needed to execute high-impact projects.
- Execute scrum & project management routines, events, and monitor value delivered against schedule, budget, scope, and cost variance – accountable for timely deliverables, change requests, and managing project risks and issues.
- Effectively bring teams together. Influence how an individual works with the broader team to ensure they operate as a high-performing, cross-functional team.
- Establish a solid and trusted relationship with both our internal teams (Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Designers, Developers, QAs, etc.) and external customers.
- Demonstrate strong consulting expertise by strategically leading crucial conversations regarding project timelines and budget. Ensure that decisions prioritize the budget and goals of the project.
- Foster a client-centric approach to project delivery, ensuring teams and clients are adopting agile practices where applicable, while respecting the constraints of the client.
- Strong ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative approaches to risk management, identifying impediments to project success early, articulating urgency and impact to project milestones and driving the determination of timely and necessary actions.
- Continuously improve project delivery processes and methodologies at Orium to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Willing to travel to meet customers and partners across North America (global travel may be required).
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of technical project management or relevant experience.
- Client-facing experience within a professional services, client service, or agency type organization is required.
- Experience leading a team to successfully deliver design and development projects in an Agile environment.
- Expertise in managing project plans, budgets, and tracking project expenses.
- Risk management proficiency with proven ability to establish approaches which continuously mitigate external and internal risks.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and guide cross functional delivery teams and effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience in B2C e-commerce and retail business operations and technology – a good understanding of enterprise processes is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of various agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP) along with agile principles, practices, and tools (Jira, Asana, Confluence).
Benefits and Perks
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours. As a remote-first organization, we care about the work you do, but it’s up to you to choose where and how you do it.
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship.
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets.
- On top of standard medical and dental coverage, we offer benefits like a parental leave top-up plan, an EAP, mental health coverage, virtual healthcare and a minimum vacation policy.
- Our Toronto HQ is a modern, ergonomic space complete with hotelling standing/sitting desks available and an open-concept social atmosphere.
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness sessions, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
We emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured across a number of data points (peer, leader & project team feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with your leader to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Orium (formerly known as Myplanet)is North America's leading consultancy and systems integrator specializing in composable commerce, customer data, and retail platform engineering. We have over a decade of experience in digital programs, and we work closely with best-in-class technology partners to bring modern commerce experiences to life as a member of the MACH Alliance.
We're a remote-first company of over 200 globally-distributed employees. We've been a certified BCorp for over a decade. Based in Toronto with a global studio presence, we draw from a range of talents and perspectives to bring together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next-generation experiences. We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Orium is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.
While we may not be able to respond to all inquiries immediately, we will keep your information on file and reach out should a suitable opportunity arise. Please continue to check our website or job postings for updates on future openings. Thank you for your understanding and interest in Orium.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Work Location: On the road