Savvas Learning Company is a global education company that produces award-winning learning solutions that empower educators and engage students with the highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12 learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs that turn today’s classrooms into active learning environments. By embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each student.
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional development services - allow teachers to use data to inform classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual’s abilities and learning styles.
- Work closely with the product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- Ability to lead a small team (globally distributed) of 4-6 individuals and help drive sound architecture, engineering design, process and quality practices, and perform acceptance engineering
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and be able to map them to technical data requirements.
- Strong emphasis on code automation so it is maintainable and extensible
- Perform research, analysis, design and implementation and provide effective solutions for short term and long term needs
- Support and migrate existing systems to microservices
- Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities into the platform.
- Contributes as a hands-on software developer.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- 6+ years experience in software development roles
- Experience in leading a product from concept to prototype and implementation
- We use Angular for our micro-front end architecture, backed by GraphQL BFF services. Experience with this or similar frameworks is desired
- We build microservices on AWS (including a variety of managed services) and GCP using a mix of technologies including Node.js, Java/Spring, Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Docker and Kubernetes (EKS). Experience in some of these technologies and an eagerness to learn others is required
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Expert knowledge and capabilities in OO design/development
- Software Design, Implementation (i.e. coding), and Testing.
- Web development.
- Ability to work with onsite and remote teams
- Communication – be able to communicate information to persons with varying degrees of computer knowledge.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Ability to think technically and analytically
- Ability to understand the philosophy of architecture
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills - including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must develop effective relationships with internal and external contacts and work well within a team
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Must have a “positive” and energetic demeanor
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
"Notice to California applicants:
Information collected and processed as part of your Savvas Careers profile, and any job applications you choose to submit is subject to Savvas' California Applicant Privacy Notice."