Holland Power Services currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated Bilingual Senior Payroll and Human Resource Specialist in our Fredericton NB, Head Office. HPS is a fast growing company with a bi-weekly payroll of up to 500 employees from across Canada and the US. This role will work within our team of 4-5 payroll & human resource professionals.
As a valued senior member of the Payroll and Human Resources team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the integrity of the payroll information remaining intact throughout the collection, calculation, processing and distribution of both Canadian and US payrolls. They will assist Employees, Management, and outside Government Agencies with their inquiries and requests which includes the reporting, verification and analysis of associate information within the standards of company and legislated compliance requirements. This role has full accountability to ensure that required data, documentation and approvals are received prior to the processing deadline each pay period. This role will facilitate processing of the submitted payroll for the assigned pay groups, validate the payroll output for accuracy and submit the final payroll for processing through Accounting. Additionally, this role must provide excellent customer service to internal staff, resolve payroll problems, run routine and customized reports, complete routine filing, and other administrative responsibilities as necessary.
As a storm restoration company, we may be called at any time to respond to emergency power outages; this role will be part of a team that earns premium overtime while supporting our managers with the mobilization of emergency line crews.
- Accurate & timely Canadian and US payroll processing.
- Oversee collection, analyze and verify payroll information
- Process multiple payrolls in a fast paced environment with a high degree of integrity
- Comply with Company Policies and Government Legislation
- Calculate and administer special payments in accordance to Provincial and Federal legislation
- Processing of Record of Employments and final payments to employees
- Verify and balance payroll related remittances.
- Year End Procedures, including T4's, T4A's, T2200’s, W2's, Releve 1's, etc
- Workers Compensation monthly calculations and remittance reporting
- Union calculations and remittance reporting
- Updating and creating pay codes as needed to complement changing payroll needs
- Oversee payroll staff of 1-2 team members
- Coach, guide and mentor payroll team members
- Testing various special payments, pay codes, etc as needed
- Discover and correct payroll errors, process adjustments
- Monthly payroll accrual entries
- Fully process US payroll - filing for new State UI numbers; creating payroll journal entries, liaising with US Gov. agencies for payroll tax purposes
- Assist with collection, organization and maintenance of confidential employee information
- Assist Director of Human Resources & Payroll as needed
Education Required: College Diploma, Accounting or Business and/or equivalent on the job experience.
Years of Experience: 2-5 years’ work experience in a high volume payroll environment, preferably in a senior or managerial role.
Currently have a professional payroll certification (PCP through the Canadian Payroll Association or proven previous payroll expertise)
Ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Robust organizational skills and a heightened sense of urgency
Exceptional computer and systems skills
Experience with Sage50, ADP or Jonas is an asset.
The nature of our business will cause additional overtime during peak seasons. Overtime also is mandatory for processing our year end on December 31st.
Holland Power Services has a comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, LTD, life insurance, extended health, and RRSP matching. We provide a casual dress working environment, free branded clothing, free parking and inclusion to company events. Salary for this role will commensurate with experience.
If you are highly self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed and enjoy working in a fast paced, multi deadline, team-oriented environment this role may be perfect for you. Please note that due to volume, only those selected for further screening will be contacted
HPS Inc. is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our HPS community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance when applying through https://hollandpowerservices.bamboohr.com/careers/