Strive was founded in 2020 and has since grown to a team of 70+ industry leaders with many years of experience. We are located in the heart of Toronto, at 110 Yonge Street, Suite 1704. At Strive, our entire team exhibits excellent accountability, collaboration, and clear communication, and takes a hands-on approach of support and respect at every level of the organization. At the same time, we empower all our employees by providing an environment, resources, and tools to solve problems, be challenged, and ultimately grow their careers.
For our customers, we aspire to always exceed their expectations – this is infused in our mission to provide " A Better Lending Experience”.
To learn more about Strive, please visit our websiteor LinkedIn.
Strive is a CMHC approved Canadian residential mortgage lender obsessed with customer satisfaction. Our mission is simple: to offer industry leading products and services to Canadian mortgage brokers and their clients with a focus on relationship building and best in market tech.
To succeed at Strive, you must embrace the fact that Strive is a start-up, has a very entrepreneurial culture and mindset and is committed to building a team-focused organization with bold goals and objectives to grow our company and reward staff excellence.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director - Credit Operations, this role is perfect for an outcome-focused people leader, who is seeking to join a team of driven and entrepreneurial professionals in the mortgage industry, wants to work closely with senior management, and further expand their expertise.
Strive is focused on providing brokers with the best experience when it comes to funding their mortgage files. A focus on relationship building, best in market tech, and an all-star team to take the file from start to finish and beyond. We have partnered with all 3 mortgage insurers, and offer a full suite of mortgage products.
This position requires strong decision-making skills as the company is constantly growing and changing. Sound judgement and the ability to pivot and adapt are key skills for success.
If you have a strong desire to learn, grow, and contribute to Strive’s goal of providing a better lending experience, we invite you to apply!
This is a remote position, based anywhere in Canada.
Your day to day will include:
- Deliver an exceptional customer service experience in every interaction
- Assist in development and maintenance of disciplined process and policy guidelines
- Assist in development of robust training for new onboarding and ongoing employee performance
- Lead and develop a team of Underwriters and Fulfillment Specialists in managing the adjudication and fulfillment functions
- Monitor productivity and workflow to ensure efficiency in achieving assigned objectives
- Responsible for compiling team performance results, with a specific focus on compliance with internal and external partner guidelines
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Collaborate effectively with other business units, working together to deploy new product or technology initiatives
- Work with the underwriting team to identify potential exceptions to Investor policy
- Evaluate, package, and submit exception requests to Investors where required
- Develop a solid understanding of our Underwriting platform and third-party technology solutions
- Work closely and collaborate with Senior Management as well as Treasury, Risk and IT in regards to systemic system issues that may increase operational risk
- Provide guidance, recommendations, reporting and training to QA and Credit teams in regards to Investor audits, trends and changes
- Gather any necessary information required to coordinate and analyze exceptions and ensure consistent, objective, and sound decisions in a high-volume environment
- Ensure the attainment of service standards for processing applications in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Resolve any escalated credit issues, reply to internal and external client queries, and communicate credit decisions
- Keep up to date on applicable legislation, as well as on the company’s policies, programs, procedures, and mortgage insurer policies
- Continuously learn, adapt, engage, and grow in your role and as an integral part of the organization
- Ensure you complete training and comply with confidentiality and regulatory requirements
- Act at all times in accordance with Strive’s risk appetite as defined by the RMUP
- Maintain employee, customer and partner confidentiality as described by Strive’s Employee Handbook
You will bring:
- Minimum 7+ years of mortgage experience in the broker market
- Minimum 5+ years mortgage underwriting experience
- Post Secondary degree or diploma required
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Established and meticulous organizational skills
- Sound multi-tasking skills and excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of residential lending practices and products, with an emphasis on broker originations
- Sound underwriting of Governance and enterprise risk management, as well as real estate markets nationally
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a high-volume environment
- An ability to quickly assess and make accurate decisions
- Commitment to grow as an individual by constantly learning and staying on top of industry changes
- Strong working knowledge of all 3 Mortgage Insurer programs and guidelines
- Positive attitude and commitment to drive company growth with exceptional customer service, strong team collaboration and sound credit decisioning
What we offer:
At Strive, we offer competitive pay and perks, that include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive base salary and discretionary incentive pay
- Vacation, Paid time off, and holidays
- Competitive benefits package that starts immediately
- A fun and welcoming learning environment to help you grow
- Working 1-1 with senior management and industry leaders
- Training and development catered to your career development needs
Strive is an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Management team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- In 1-3 sentences, tell us why you are the ideal candidate for this role?
- What is your expected salary range for this position?
- When are you available to start?
- What province in Canada are you based in?
Work Location: Remote